Enthusiast III

Ruidoso, NM, USA
First Name
Marty
Last Name
Howes
Service Branch
USAF vet
Hey just rsvp'd to go. I should've asked this first but, we can go 2 or 3 days without water and drive 300 to 350 miles between fuel stops. Will that be an issue for this trip?

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
@Theeds and @buckwilk, you both need to RSVP on the Rally Point section of Overland Bound. Here: https://www.overlandbound.com/event/spring-break-2018-death-valley-overland-trip-planning-march-25-29/

You should be able to RSVP at the top of the page where it says "RSVP." Let me know if it works!

This trip is filling up fast! We may want to consider splitting into two groups of 8, that travel together in two seperate 8 rig groups...Just a thought. We would still all go to the same destinations, just split for off road travel a bit for dust, congestion and time.

Reactions: buckwilk

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
Thanks @Rogue Beardsman ! I've been following you on IG and enjoyed your DV pics and info!
Sounds like a good trip! I spent some time in death valley and there is a lot of cool stuff to see. Hope you all enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
@escadventure The mileage of 300 mi in DV for the trip does include several gas stops in Lone Pine, Panamint Springs, Stovepipe Wells and Furnace Creek. There should be gas at SW and FC, but sometimes, they run out and otherwise, it is VERY expensive at @ $5.50-6.00/gal! Lone Pine will have gas. We will be able to stop along the way to fill up and have reserve. HOWEVER, you always want to have some spare gas in DV. I will be carrying a minimum of 5gal extra, but will probably bring 2.5-5gal more above that for 10gal extra.

escadventure

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Ruidoso, NM, USA
First Name
Marty
Last Name
Howes
Service Branch
USAF vet
Thanks @Rogue Beardsman ! I've been following you on IG and enjoyed your DV pics and info!

@escadventure The mileage of 300 mi in DV for the trip does include several gas stops in Lone Pine, Panamint Springs, Stovepipe Wells and Furnace Creek. There should be gas at SW and FC, but sometimes, they run out and otherwise, it is VERY expensive at @ $5.50-6.00/gal! Lone Pine will have gas. We will be able to stop along the way to fill up and have reserve. HOWEVER, you always want to have some spare gas in DV. I will be carrying a minimum of 5gal extra, but will probably bring 2.5-5gal more above that for 10gal extra.

Sounds good. I misunderstood - thought it was 5 days without chance of gas/water top offs. We'll definitely be good.

Reactions: ArmyofMike

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
I don't know about you all, but the more I prep and research for this trip, the more excited I get!

You may have this in your laundry room....we are going to where it was founded.

LRDSII

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Truckee, CA, USA
First Name
Abdi
Last Name
Mohsenin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKE
@ArmyofMike I was trying to RSVP and seems like the limit is full, it won’t let me RSVP, is two group of 8 still an option if so it will be me, wife and the dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
@ArmyofMike I was trying to RSVP and seems like the limit is full, it won’t let me RSVP, is two group of 8 still an option if so it will be me, wife and the dog

Afternoon @LRDSII I am open to opening up another group. Some of the camping may be tight, but I think we can make it work. Are you definite you can go? I will open up a few more spots if so. Some non-OB friends may go too, so I think it only fitting to increase to two 6-8 rig teams. Traveling isn't the issue as much as finding a communal camping area...but we can make it work I'm sure. Are you able to make it either way? Thanks, M

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Creator III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Count me in. I been trying to go this year but no luck on getting on the going list.
Whats the rule with dogs? I read that dogs were not allowed in the park.

Reactions: ArmyofMike

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
Rules on Dogs.

https://www.nps.gov/deva/planyourvisit/pets.htm
Basically, they are not approved in highly populated trails and areas...Luckily, we will NOT be at many of these spots on foot. We will drive 20 Mule Train Road, so the doggo is fine to ride and the other back country areas, they should be OK in your rigs and in camps. I think there are 2-3 doggos coming already, so we should be good. Plus the kids will keep them busy! HAHA.

LRDSII

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Truckee, CA, USA
First Name
Abdi
Last Name
Mohsenin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKE
@ArmyofMike please add my wife and doggy to the list please, I only see LRDSII aka Abdi