Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Great, I'm a plus wife plus dog. Let me know if I made the going list. I'm south of Fresno so when you head out, hit me up and I'll jump in line at Tulare if that's ok.

LRDSII

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Truckee, CA, USA
First Name
Abdi
Last Name
Mohsenin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKE
Hey all I don't know about you but I'm so excited for this trip, it might be too early but I'm leaving from east bay if anyone is in the area we can head south together and hopefully @Michael can make it so we can catch him in Dublin and join the convoy, @ArmyofMike we can meet you south of Frenso if it's ok, and meet with @Inthewoods in our way at Tulare. Looking forward to meet you all.

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
@LRDSII and @Inthewoods

I will be picking up my Pops in Visalia on Sunday morning so meeting in Tulare and convoying from there is good. We will probably meet some others in Bako and the rest in Lone Pine. We can rally there and then head to Reward Mine to look around on Sunday afternoon. This will also give a secondary rally point at Reward Mine for those who may be coming later in afternoon. As we get closer and a finalized list, we can get the rally points all settled.

Super stoked for such a great array of members, rigs and interest in the group!

ArmyofMike OB#7890

Last edited:

Cpt.Hook

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

8520 Rolling Hills Drive, Corona, CA, USA
First Name
Jeffery
Last Name
Hook
Member #

I would love to do this trip, should be an easy time to get away. This would be my first group run, outfitting and rig reliability don't worry me too much. I was wondering what the technical abilities need to be, not my first time off road, but not an expedition master either.

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
I RSVP'd as "Going" but it doesn't show up on the page here... maybe I need to be approved? I've got a 2016 Power Wagon on 37's. Should have my RTT and such by then to enjoy the trip with my sons. Looking forward to it.
@BigDogKona Let me check the roster and I'll confirm. Glad you can make it. With your rig, you can carry one of our rigs out if needed! [emoji23]

ArmyofMike OB#7890

Reactions: BigDogKona

BigDogKona

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque, Bernalillo County, New Mexico, United States
First Name
Blaine
Last Name
Wiles
Member #

@BigDogKona Let me check the roster and I'll confirm. Glad you can make it. With your rig, you can carry one of our rigs out if needed! [emoji23]

ArmyofMike OB#7890
Will hopefully have many more items added to the rig before the trip. I had a FJ and 4x4 trailer a few years back... the trailer was great, but kind of a pain in the butt to tag around everywhere. It will be nice having everything on the rig, even though it's big for tight trails.

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
Will hopefully have many more items added to the rig before the trip. I had a FJ and 4x4 trailer a few years back... the trailer was great, but kind of a pain in the butt to tag around everywhere. It will be nice having everything on the rig, even though it's big for tight trails.
The only area you may have pause is on Lippencott Road. A rig of your size will have to make some careful turns on that stretch of road. It's tight in some spots, and has some switchbacks/turns but we will get ya through. [emoji106]

ArmyofMike OB#7890

BigDogKona

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque, Bernalillo County, New Mexico, United States
First Name
Blaine
Last Name
Wiles
Member #

The only area you may have pause is on Lippencott Road. A rig of your size will have to make some careful turns on that stretch of road. It's tight in some spots, and has some switchbacks/turns but we will get ya through. [emoji106]

ArmyofMike OB#7890
I ran Lippencott Road 20 years ago with a bone stock 1997 Dodge Dakota on 31's. At the time 31's were considered a large tire! 20 years of erosion can change things dramatically, but this truck is definitely more capable... just big boned.

Reactions: ArmyofMike

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
Those who are attending as a Go, and those who are tentative, please email me your email address to Armyofmike@gmail.com please. I will be sending pre-planning in the early pary of the year. So stoked for this trip with you all!

ArmyofMike OB#7890

Reactions: BigDogKona