Speedmasters Traction Tracks

• HTML tutorial

Jelorian

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
Member #

I had been researching X-Bull tracks which are very similar to TREDS and are an Aussie based company as well. When they appeared on the seen just over a year ago they were affordably priced at just $100 and included a carry case, free shipping, the works... Now they are selling them here in the US for $200! (sometimes even more) So I'm thinking these Speedmasters may go up in price if the demand for them increases in the near future.
Obi-Juan, I just realized you posted about the X-Bulls in this thread after I created my thread on them. Did you end up getting a set?

Obi-Juan

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern California - San Fernando Valley
First Name
John
Last Name
Lechuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JKL
Obi-Juan, I just realized you posted about the X-Bulls in this thread after I created my thread on them. Did you end up getting a set?
No, I ended up with a set of Speedmasters after fully researching several options in the 100 dollar price range. Both Speedmasters and X-Bull traction devices are produced in China, and if you run a quick search for "Recovery Tracks" on alibaba.com (Chinese based product site). You will find both X-Bull, Speedmasters, and even a few other familiar traction products being mass produced and sold under multiple different product names there. In fact, if you look closely, you can even find an X-Bull brand product that is identical to the Speedmasters tracks, but X-bull sells them in different colors! :(

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I received my second set today. I never got an email that speedmaster was sending them. Nice surprise to come home to. I ordered their hi lift base at the same time. I paid $13 something for it. It's worth the money, but I wouldn't pay much more than the $20 off sale price. 20170419_202239.jpg20170419_202259.jpg

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

No, I ended up with a set of Speedmasters after fully researching several options in the 100 dollar price range. Both Speedmasters and X-Bull traction devices are produced in China, and if you run a quick search for "Recovery Tracks" on alibaba.com (Chinese based product site). You will find both X-Bull, Speedmasters, and even a few other familiar traction products being mass produced and sold under multiple different product names there. In fact, if you look closely, you can even find an X-Bull brand product that is identical to the Speedmasters tracks, but X-bull sells them in different colors! :(
I just received a pair of blue X-Bull 10T tracks today. I paid $79.98 with free shipping and they came with a storage bag. They seem pretty durable. Obviously only time will tell. I will be doing a little exploring this weekend and will report back if I need to use them.

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

I had a great trip, but i could not find a reason to pull out the X-Bull tracks, Maybe next time!
Truck.jpg

Reactions: Obi-Juan

Jelorian

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
Member #

I have 2 sets now for a total of 4 traction aids. Speedmaster's raised their price, so the X-Bull's seem to be the better deal right now, especially if you want them in another color.

GreyWolf

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Springtown Texas
Member #

Got my ramps today and they are really nice and seem to be a great quality product. Super flex. I weigh 250 lbs and stood and bounced on these.

OB 1643
Thanks so much for your thoughts, and pics of the product. This helped me make a decision, I will pick some up as well.

batmin14

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Redmond, Oregon
Member #

Just got the chance to use these on my Xterra on the Oregon beach. while pulling a dodge 2500 out I sank myself... use the traction boards and they worked amazing. Best money spent on plastic so far.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

GreyWolf

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Springtown Texas
Member #

Sw
Just got the chance to use these on my Xterra on the Oregon beach. while pulling a dodge 2500 out I sank myself... use the traction boards and they worked amazing. Best money spent on plastic so far.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Sweet! Glad to hear it. I'm looking forward to getting mine in. Im going to test them out once I get them.

Reactions: batmin14

GreyWolf

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Springtown Texas
Member #

The ones I got look exactly like the x-bull, but from a company called lightway. They have a 5 year warranty, which is longer than the X-bull, which lead me to believe they may be more rugged. We shall see though. They are on E-bay for 76.50+free shipping and are 10ton rated. I couldn't pass these up.

Attachments

STPICKENS

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Evansville, WY, USA 82636
First Name
SHAUN
Last Name
PICKENS
Member #

The ones I got look exactly like the x-bull, but from a company called lightway. They have a 5 year warranty, which is longer than the X-bull, which lead me to believe they may be more rugged. We shall see though. They are on E-bay for 76.50+free shipping and are 10ton rated. I couldn't pass these up.
I am curious as to see what you think of them. I will be picking up a set or two this winter. On amazon they call them version 3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GreyWolf

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Springtown Texas
Member #

I am curious as to see what you think of them. I will be picking up a set or two this winter. On amazon they call them version 3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So I got my budget recovery tracks in... and man they are great! I'm very impressed with them. Tested then out and am very impressed how sturdy they are, and they flex well withour snapping. I have to say I thought they would be very brittle, and snap easy. But they greatly exceeded my expectations in every way! Great buy!

STPICKENS

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Evansville, WY, USA 82636
First Name
SHAUN
Last Name
PICKENS
Member #

So I got my budget recovery tracks in... and man they are great! I'm very impressed with them. Tested then out and am very impressed how sturdy they are, and they flex well withour snapping. I have to say I thought they would be very brittle, and snap easy. But they greatly exceeded my expectations in every way! Great buy!
Awesome. I can't wait to get mine this winter. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha this is too funny! We just made that video for fun, and to stumble upon it in this forum is kinda cool!

Little follow up on the tracks, we went out on a really cold weekend (-40ºC) and got stuck on an icy incline. We use four tracks (2x Smitty Built and 2X Speedmaster).
One Smitty built ripped to pieces, one snapped in half and one Speedmaster snapped in half. The only surviving track was a Speedmaster one.

Now keep in mind these tracks had been in this cold for about 36hrs before we used them, and were frozen solid. I wouldn't expect many tracks to have survived the situation.

As for the last track standing, it's still following us wherever we go and has been very useful to us at multiple occasions. Definitely looking at ordering another set.

Cheers !
Nick

speedmaster79

Rank 0

Traveler I

Ha this is too funny! We just made that video for fun, and to stumble upon it in this forum is kinda cool!

Little follow up on the tracks, we went out on a really cold weekend (-40ºC) and got stuck on an icy incline. We use four tracks (2x Smitty Built and 2X Speedmaster).
One Smitty built ripped to pieces, one snapped in half and one Speedmaster snapped in half. The only surviving track was a Speedmaster one.

Now keep in mind these tracks had been in this cold for about 36hrs before we used them, and were frozen solid. I wouldn't expect many tracks to have survived the situation.

As for the last track standing, it's still following us wherever we go and has been very useful to us at multiple occasions. Definitely looking at ordering another set.

Cheers !
Nick
Thank you everyone for reviewing our Speedmaster Traction Tracks and for those who stumble across it! We do get many positive reviews about it and we do get a lot of enquiries about it as well.

Nicolas, your video is amazing! So amazing that people thought that we sponsored you for the video Hahaha Please contact us if you need another pair. (PM me please)

Cheers! James (Speedmaster Marketing)