Speedmasters Traction Tracks

• HTML tutorial

Jelorian

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
Member #

Got mine last night. Unfortunately I won't be able to try them out any time soon as I'll be out of town till mid March.

I can't compare them to the competition as I don't own any others. They seem sturdy and we'll made. Multiple hand holds and they do indeed stack/nest together fairly well. The tread pattern is very aggressive. They have holes to attach recovery lanyards or lines.

Can't wait to see some real world reviews from others that get theirs.

I don't expect these to be as good as Maxtrax. I've set my expectations pretty low. BUT, if they are like Harbor Freight sockets and work just as well as Snap-on, for much much cheaper, then I'll be a happy camper/overlander.

I'm almost tempted to just order a 2nd pair.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using OB Talk mobile app

Last edited:

batmin14

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Redmond, Oregon
Member #

Got mine last night! So far I'm impressed. They stack amazing. Feel great. Now to use them ... how are you guys mounting these? Anyone know if the "maxtrax" mounting pins will work on them?

Reactions: reidbailey

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I tried the speedmasters out this afternoon, well, kinda. The snow is receding fast. I drove around the yard at work trying to get stuck. The best I could do was back in and feather the throttle a bit to lose traction enough to sink. I threw the boards under my rear tires (was in 2wd) and was able to back right out. They work!

Tahoe.Adventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corona, CA
Member #

Hey everyone, I called SpeedMasters a bit ago and I confirmed they have a will call for us here in SoCal. They are located in Rialto, CA. Might not be beneficial for those who live further where shipping would be cheaper.

If you call in, ask for Anthony @ ext 113. He will get you a good price.

I am going to pick a set this week.

Reactions: jzuniga

Lindenwood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

I just ordered a pair. I was planning on building my own bridging ladders, but this ultimately seemed like too good a deal to pass up.

Do you guys think they are sturdy enough for bridging when stacked?

If so, I might buy another pair. My other option is to build a simple aluminum "ladder" that can be nested against the bottom for bridging. I would probably build the ladders to double as a camp table or perhaps a platform /shower stand.

Jeepney

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

MN
mine just showed up yesterday. I was hoping to test it out on the snow but all that white stuff will pretty sure be gone by this weekend (hitting 60s). Fits nicely on the roof rack and it's black so it's pretty low-key.

slymoan

Rank 0

Contributor I

Trail tested and approved!!!

Took the Speedmaster traction tracks out yesterday in some very muddy terrain and the track helped save my FJC and two pickup trucks get out of very slippery situations!

Don't have any pictures/videos of them in use (was too muddy myself to touch a camera) but I have attached the "after" pictures!

I think I'm going to be ordering myself a second set before they hike the prices again!

Attachments