Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

Is this still happening? If yes then I have some parts to install this weekend.

Madbodhi

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Mayville WI
Member #

Still a go. Just a simple meet and greet, don't know of any trails in the area but there is a mall nearby :tonguewink:. I put out a rally point on here but I have yet to post a facebook invite. I'll do that this morning. I have a dual swing rear that I need to weld up and install but it will have to wait till spring.

Reactions: Wanderlost

Madbodhi

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Mayville WI
Member #

What's the facebook link? 6pm might work. What is the plan? Just dinner or anything before, no trails? Will be dark by then, so hard to get a good look at the rigs.

I want to do this, but I will need to make time for the 2h 15m drive there, and then back.
Just posted on Overland Bound Midwest as well as Midwest Overlanders Facebook. Fair warning,be prepared for lots of questions on Ham radios (only yourself to blame by putting your HAM call on your signature). Comms out of cell range is pretty high up on my list this year,along with finally putting in the time to really learn to use Gaia.

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Just posted on Overland Bound Midwest as well as Midwest Overlanders Facebook. Fair warning,be prepared for lots of questions on Ham radios (only yourself to blame by putting your HAM call on your signature). Comms out of cell range is pretty high up on my list this year,along with finally putting in the time to really learn to use Gaia.
Sure, I don't have a fancy mobile setup yet. I only own a cheap UV5R radio so far. Most of my hobbies tend to get expensive, and I have managed to keep this one cheap so far. I'd like to put on on my rig soon though. I even have the mounts on my ARB bar for it now.

Mike W

Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Question for you guys. How #EXPOAF are we going with the rigs? Mine is in winter mode, no fridge installed, no gear, not tire or jerry can swings on my bumper, wimpy looking winter tires/wheels on... etc. (Heck I daily drive my G35 most of the winter to save miles and keep the rust away on the LR4! garage queen!)

Should I load up some gear? How interested are folks in checking out rigs vs just getting to know each other? Like... talking and all that social interaction stuff.

persquank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

I managed to get my snorkel installed. We'll see how I feel Friday night. I may get the winch installed Saturday morning before heading out.

Mike W

Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I managed to get my snorkel installed. We'll see how I feel Friday night. I may get the winch installed Saturday morning before heading out.
If you get that on, we can find a spot to spool your line. You can attach to my LR4 if you want a big heavy anchor. ;)

Madbodhi

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Mayville WI
Member #

I don't think there's really a need to load out your rig just for show and tell if you don't want to. That being said ,it is interesting seeing peoples storage solutions and what they carry. For me,socializing is the theme of the night. We (that is to say myself,wife and kids) usually travel solo but it would be nice to have others to call on. I should ask if anyone is planning on bringing kids? We were leaving our kids at home but if anyone else is bringing theirs then we would reconsider that.

Mike W

Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I might throw my kitchen box and a couple things in the back, since its easy. I'm still planning on driving out.. hope the turnout is good.

Mike W

Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

So how many are going? I have to leave here at like 3:30pm to get there by 6pm.

Mike W

Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

im here. made good time, and 17.4 mpg, wtf.

as you drive in im to the right. parking lot is packed.

Madbodhi

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Mayville WI
Member #

Hope everyone made it home safely. It was nice meeting you all. Lessons learned. Make future meet and greets earlier in the day. Nice job on everyones part on quickly changing venues because my dumb ass didn't account for Valentine's Day. I think earlier in the day wouldn't be as loud as well. It was difficult to hear people on the other end of the table. I'm going to be getting together with Cindy Pope over on Midwest Overlanders and see if we can put together a weekend this spring to tackle her obstacle course, run some trails and do some lake front dispersed camping in Nicolet NF right around Lakewood , WI. I'll post up a new thread when I have afew more details.

Mike W

Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

mine is blury because i chose my focus point in the foreground to get the light right. oh well.

Reactions: Wanderlost