Stem, NC
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Parker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4WCJ
Hey all, I stumbled onto something pretty cool, that SOMEHOW had gotten under my nose this long. I don't think I have even been to this area yet, and my wife and I have spent a good deal of time in the NC mountains.

The Video link below turned me onto it. I like the videos and the heart behind these videos. He is just a normal guy like most of us and found North Carolina off-road information lacking. So... He just decided to explore and document. He isn't in super funded 100K rig driving in a far off land too far away. Instead, he sticks around NC/VA/SC/TN his home base.
NC Offroading at Gorges State Park - Mountains to Sea Overland YouTube Chan.

This area seems to have it all... Huge waterfalls, trails all over, 4x4 trails of all kinds of intensities, camping, you name it. I will surely be trying to get out there ASAP... but thought I would share what I found. Give Mountain to Sea Overlands Channel some love, and hopefully, it is helpful to someone here too. If I end up going... I'll be sure to post some updates and pictures as well.

ncparks.gov - Offical Park site

GAIA GPS Map Link

Pics from a google search... for your viewing pleasure.

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

Hey all, I stumbled onto something pretty cool, that SOMEHOW had gotten under my nose this long. I don't think I have even been to this area yet, and my wife and I have spent a good deal of time in the NC mountains.

The Video link below turned me onto it. I like the videos and the heart behind these videos. He is just a normal guy like most of us and found North Carolina off-road information lacking. So... He just decided to explore and document. He isn't in super funded 100K rig driving in a far off land too far away. Instead, he sticks around NC/VA/SC/TN his home base.

This area seems to have it all... Huge waterfalls, trails all over, 4x4 trails of all kinds of intensities, camping, you name it. I will surely be trying to get out there ASAP... but thought I would share what I found. Give Mountain to Sea Overlands Channel some love, and hopefully, it is helpful to someone here too. If I end up going... I'll be sure to post some updates and pictures as well.

GAIA GPS Map Link

Ive backpacked Gorges State park! It is a very beautiful place. I plan on doing some vehicle backpacking aka overlanding, there in the near future. Ive been across that bridge in the pic a few times lol! Im possibly planning a trip in September so I may end up there!

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Haha, yep, i found him a little while back [urlhttps://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/mountain-to-sea-overland-for-nc-members.28606/[/url]

I don't think he has posted in quite a while though?

Reactions: Lil Bear

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

Haha, yep, i found him a little while back [urlhttps://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/mountain-to-sea-overland-for-nc-members.28606/[/url]

I don't think he has posted in quite a while though?
I thought ive seen him post a new video or 2 but i could very well be wrong lol!

Reactions: Primeauxrover

Aaron Parker

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Stem, NC
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Parker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4WCJ
If you find them maybe he started a different channel? Post up the link for sure. Looks like the last one on that channel was fro 6 months ago.
Brad And Family ....That is his other channel. He said he wasn't making any videos for the Mountain to Sea channel right now.
He overland for the experience of seeing and finding new places, and enjoys his small group of friends. So maybe filming was just impacting those aspects to some degree...

Regardless of why the videos slowed or stopped, I am really glad his stuff is there. They do a good job of showing these fun places to visit.

Primeauxrover

Rank III

Member III

Johnson County, Kansas, United States
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Bowling
Member #

GAIA GPS Map Link

This is fantastic. I’m in the area too and have been struggling with finding where to go. Thanks

Primeauxrover

Rank III

Member III

Johnson County, Kansas, United States
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Bowling
Member #

He overland for the experience of seeing and finding new places, and enjoys his small group of friends. So maybe filming was just impacting those aspects to some degree...

Regardless of why the videos slowed or stopped, I am really glad his stuff is there. They do a good job of showing these fun places to visit.
I agree his videos were good but can see how that stuff can get in the way.