Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Damn another meetup ill have to miss as ill be in socal picking up stuff, I guess I will have to wait for the next one. Also bass pro is dangerous! My wife doesnt let me shop alone.

Reactions: Wandering_Scotty

Wandering_Scotty

Rank VII

Pioneer II

San Jose, Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
Scotty
Last Name
Joseph
Member #

Hey South Bay Crew,

Just a friendly remember, our September meet up is tomorrow at 10:30AM in San Jose at the Bass Pro Shop Parking lot! (37.2581387, -121.8718006)

Our main discussion topic will be GVWR. So if you have any questions on this topic, this is the perfect place to ask them! We’ll also be discussing our upcoming Stanislaus Trip (16th - 17th) as well as start to plan trips for Oct & November.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me directly!

Look forward to seeing you all there! And don’t forget to bring a chair!

Reactions: Advtres

TrailHawkGuy

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Armin
Last Name
Pressler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GTZ
Reactions: JMC74

Wandering_Scotty

Rank VII

Pioneer II

First Name
Scotty
Last Name
Joseph
Member #

Thanks for coming out, it was great hanging out with everyone!

Meeting notes:
- Our trip for September is full, with 15 rigs. If anyone is interested in joining the trip but hasn’t signed up, I’m willing to up the rig count to 20. Just message me!
- If you’re signed up for the September trip, I’ll be sending out an email with all the details on Monday.
- It looks like we’re going to be finding a new location for our monthly meet ups. If anyone has any ideas, please share them! I’ll get this figured out within the next few weeks.
- The Trail Guardian event will be our trip for October. Look out for the rally point in the app. This will be hosted by Kent. We’ll make a plan to convoy down there together once it’s official.
- Our next meet up is on the 14th of October and our discussion topic will be Navigation, Maps & GPS.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the next one. Till then, happy trails!

Reactions: Weim.Runner and Ob1

ProtonDecay

Rank V

Influencer II

In my mind I am always at a remote high-elevation lake surrounded by snowcapped peaks.
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6NUI
Hello All - I have put together an event for 20-22 October if you are interested in a late fall outing on the Eastern side of the Sierras......

Here's a pic of the Aspen at 8500' from last week - may be a bit of color left for us in two weeks!

20230926 - 8500 ft Aspen.jpg

Reactions: Michael_Exploder

Wandering_Scotty

Rank VII

Pioneer II

First Name
Scotty
Last Name
Joseph
Member #

Just a friendly reminder that our meet up is today!!

New Meet Up Location
Our monthly meet up location has moved to 37.24845, -121.85956. This is a parking lot right next to the in 'N' Out Burger right off of Santa Teresa Blvd in San Jose. Check the rally point for more details.

Today's topic will be Navigation & GPS. If you have a compass, please bring it! Look forwarding to seeing everyone at the meet up!

AllTerrain1

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Santa Cruz, CA, USA
First Name
Clark
Last Name
Beattie
Just a friendly reminder that our meet up is today!!

New Meet Up Location
Our monthly meet up location has moved to 37.24845, -121.85956. This is a parking lot right next to the in 'N' Out Burger right off of Santa Teresa Blvd in San Jose. Check the rally point for more details.

Today's topic will be Navigation & GPS. If you have a compass, please bring it! Look forwarding to seeing everyone at the meet up!
Hola… I’m in Canada now and will miss our meeting. Thanks for the update on the location change. I’ll see you at the next meeting.

Clark

Michael_Exploder

Rank IV

Traveler III

Los Gatos, Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Norton
Member #

Scotty,
The park I was thinking of as an alternative to our current meeting place is called Almaden Meadows Park, at the corner of Camden and Meridian…..right around the corner…Also, Thanks again for organizing todays meet up and Your Navigation presentation. Looking forward to coordinating with You and the others from OB South Bay for our trip down to Trail Guardian….Cheers, Mike Norton….

Michael_Exploder

Rank IV

Traveler III

Los Gatos, Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Norton
Member #

Hello All - I have put together an event for 20-22 October if you are interested in a late fall outing on the Eastern side of the Sierras......

Here's a pic of the Aspen at 8500' from last week - may be a bit of color left for us in two weeks!

View attachment 267383
Ugh!!! I want to go as we discussed last Saturday at the meet up…but alas I will have to take a rain check …..I have a great story about taking my sons Cub Scout group hiking in Leavitt Meadows and running into a Marine contingent all camo’d out and kitted up coming out of the forest, boys had a great time hanging out with the soldiers. Gods Country out that way….talk soon best regards, Mike