Social media..

• HTML tutorial

What is your favorite social media to use?

• Facebook

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Instagram

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Twitter

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • YouTube

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • None

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

I have a YouTube channel for my original music. And Soundcloud.

I prefer Forums for people with the same interests.

Never used Facebook, Twitter or any of the "popular" sites because I'm anti Social..........

Reactions: Phil Preston

Stomper4x4

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Redding, California
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Carlson
Member #

Instagram is owned by facebook. Unfortunately both use a screw algorithm and the geniuses over there think they know better than you do, what you want to see and when. For instance I saw a "Good morning" post, two mornings after the morning it had been posted. Oh well. These two are the best game in town, especially instagram. And family back home is on facebook so....

Youtube is great. I greatly prefer content made by you guys and other niches, over television. I don't even have a television any more lol.

So yes, I consume mostly on facebook, instagram, and Youtube, and produce on all three for my business.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Maybe @Steve can do that as an admin?
I just added "None" as an option.

I primarily use Instagram, and have it automatically send my posts to my Facebook Page (not personal account), Twitter, and Flickr. Most of my interaction with viewers is also on Instagram. There is some on the Facebook Page, but none whatsoever on Twitter and Flickr. So I checked Instagram on the poll.

I am in some Facebook Groups, so I created a private personal account to interact on those, since a Page can't join a group. But anything else I put on Facebook goes on the public Page.

Links in my sig, for those interested.

Reactions: bajatacoguy

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

Facebook only. If there was a better/other way to communicate/plan with groups of my friends id ditch facebook too. Youtube as viewer only.

And Overland Bound. It counts .

RickLB

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Blythewood SC
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Byrum
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Facebook mostly cause it got and keeps me in touch with my military brothers and sisters from long ago. YouTube and that's it.6

Arailt

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Prosper, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Arailt
Member #

Only forums for me. IH8MUD, OB, ExpeditionPortal, T4R, TacomaWorld, ClubLexus, and some others. Arailt on all of them.

No FB/Insta/etc. I watch videos on YouTube. That’s about it. I don’t upload content or use it as a social media platform though.

VST

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Kodak, TN, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
James
I use YouTube I have a channel but haven’t posted and content yet. But I use Instagram for mine and my brothers truck builds and pictures. If you guys want to check it or follow
@vehiclesupportedtravel or VST for short

i64X

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

MI, US
I have a Twitter account that's almost exclusively for work things. Same with LinkedIn.

I used to use Facebook but it got so ridiculous I had to get rid of it. Facebook is the new AOL. It's a platform for a bunch of idiots to sound off on things they know little about. Constant arguing, constant dick measuring contests. The people who seemed the most happy on Facebook (oh look at the pictures we took of us, look how happy we are) are the ones that are perpetually miserable in real life. SO much of that going on. Too many fake people. Couldn't do it anymore. Between all of the fake people and the grandstanding I couldn't do it anymore. It's been 3 years now and I'm glad I left. I just make it a point to see the family I care about in real life regularly. Way less stress and it works out better for everyone.

YouTube is great and it has basically replaced TV for me. Curated content that I'm interested in from people who are very talented content creators is probably the greatest thing online now. I've got a bunch of random interests (automotive, motorcycles/ATVs, vintage/modern computing and tech, retro gaming, audio and music, guns, DIY "maker" stuff, electronics, 3D printing, etc.), so there's a lot of content for everything. It's how I found this channel, and this forum.

Cajuncubsfan

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mc, KinneyTX, USA
Member #

Who is the Admin on the Overland Bound Southwest Facebook page? https://www.facebook.com/groups/OverlandBoundSouthwest/?ref=br_tf&epa=SEARCH_BOX

I have sent 2 requests to join the page and no one is letting me in. About 6 months ago I moved to Texas from Louisiana. Can someone help me out? I am trying to plan a trip to Northern New Mexico and I need to get on there and see if anyone can help with trails. Getting Frustrated with the OB Facebook Southwest page45825704_10156232989459790_6925313703109722112_n.jpg