Social media..

• HTML tutorial

What is your favorite social media to use?

• Facebook

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Instagram

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Twitter

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • YouTube

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • None

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

So I wonder, what social media channels does everybody use?

I do have Facebook but rarely use it. Have used Twitter for years now, its simple and without much fuzz that’s why I like it. I just made a Instagram account as well though (check my signature :)), as so many people use it I didn’t want to get left behind haha. And of course have YouTube, but also don’t use that as much any more, just put something out there when I did something interesting that I filmed.

So what about you lot? What is your favorite?

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Quicksilver

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Molalla, OR
Member #

I use Facebook mostly. I just started on Instagram a few weeks ago, seems kinda fun so far. I don't have anything posted on YouTube yet, but I watch a lot of other people's stuff.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Facebook mostly (because it's easy to keep in touch with my international friends), then Instagram followed by Snapchat, had a Twitter account once upon a time that never got used.

Kage

Rank 0

Traveler I

Forums primarily, but I'll kill some time on YouTube as well. Never did like the format of Facebook as it makes it a pain to search through detailed documentations of things (which is where forums shine IMHO)

persquank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

I still have my youtube account but haven't posted a video in years. It's just for keeping up with subscriptions. I don't use facebook or twitter any more because I'm not a russian hacker. Forums seem to be the best way to get usable information.

dziner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I use Facebook to see what everyone is doing and to stay informed of events and such. I used to use Twitter a ton, but not so much any more, not sure why. I love Instagram because I love photography. I used to share my photos via Flickr before cell phones had decent cameras. Now I rarely use my dslr and mostly use my phone to capture images. I learn a lot via YouTube and try to give back to the community once in a while by posting videos of my setups and/or experiences.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/smithcreate
Twitter: https://twitter.com/dziner
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/smithcreate/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEiXcznb2QBWVhXJkJcUYrg/

Wanderlost

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Caledonia, Illinois
Member #

Facebook the most. It's the best way to find out about events, and keep in touch with friends. I do believe it's hit the high point and is on the way down, especially since brands have to "pay-to-play" in order to get their message out to people.
Twitter. We tried it once but never got into it.
Instagram. We're about a year in and so far enjoy using it. The whole "follow/unfollow" thing is a bit off putting though. We refuse to play that game to boost our numbers.
Youtube. Our personal favorite. :)
Message Boards. We have a couple favorites, this being one of them. Mostly just lurking though.

CJ Adventure Oregon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Coos Bay, Oregon
Member #

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Facebook because its easy, Instagram but I don't get it, Twitter but I don't get it, Youtube is awesome, Im old but trying to get it.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Instagram primarily, which I started using daily during my last long trip, mostly to keep fam and friends informed without having to call/email, but found I really enjoy it as a way of documenting a variety of things in my life. Also have made a lot of new camping, supplier, and other friends via insta. I have my insta set up to feed the same content to Fb, twitter (tho it just sends links only to twitter) and tumblr. All pretty much identical, tho insta is the one I keep an eye on.

I pretty much quit twitter on another account after the election.

instagram: @roaddude
facebook: roaddude
twitter: @theroaddude
tumblr: roaddude

Because I'm a visual storyteller and love photography, I think I may play more with tumblr now I have it hooked up to my insta feed and see who else is posting camping, photography, art, etc.

Reactions: dziner

Traveler I

So I wonder, what social media channels does everybody use?

I do have Facebook but rarely use it. Have used Twitter for years now, its simple and without much fuzz that’s why I like it. I just made a Instagram account as well though (check my signature :)), as so many people use it I didn’t want to get left behind haha. And of course have YouTube, but also don’t use that as much any more, just put something out there when I did something interesting that I filmed.

So what about you lot? What is your favorite?
I keep my Facebook profile empty but I use Facebook for groups. The private ones are closed, so your posts aren't being broadcast to the four winds. They're more active than web forums generally, and more locally helpful. I get where you're coming from but I'd rethink Facebook if you've been avoiding it. There are TONS of overlanding groups.

If you're a reserved person, just make sure you Google things like how to make your Facebook as private as possible. Locking down your Facebook page, etc.

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

Oh I've locked my personal FB pretty much ;) and connected to just a few people. All the Dutch Overlanding pages on al platforms are open to everybody. But my personal FB isn't ;) don't even add my work colleagues on my FB.