Whittier, California
First Name
Rudy
Last Name
Silva
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6DMP
I've never known it to be an "am-pm" type of trail. I thought it was a simple open/closed deal. I've been up there around 9-10pm and was able to come back out so I doubt they close them based on time of day.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
How long is the round trip? I'm hoping to be done by 10am as I have a few other commitments during the day.

PS144ONE

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Whittier, California
First Name
Rudy
Last Name
Silva
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6DMP
To Mt. Santiago Peak from the start of Bedford and back down, you're looking at about 3 hrs

Thanks brother. I think I'm going to make it out there before sun rise so I can watch it from up there. Maybe start out around 5am. Anyone available at that time is welcome to join me.

Tahoe.Adventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corona, CA
Member #

Thanks brother. I think I'm going to make it out there before sun rise so I can watch it from up there. Maybe start out around 5am. Anyone available at that time is welcome to join me.
I'd be in for a run. But you're going to need to start sooner than that, as the sun rises around 5:00-5:10am.
Also, the lookout point at Santiago Peak faces West with a little hill on the east side of it. But there is a spot where you can see the East side on top of the hill that would give you a good vantage point.

When were you thinking of going?

Reactions: WhatTheZo

WhatTheZo

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego
Member #

How was the run? The sky has been hazy the last few days, how was the visibility was this morning?

Sent from my Pixel using OB Talk mobile app

PS144ONE

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Whittier, California
First Name
Rudy
Last Name
Silva
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6DMP
I'd be in for a run. But you're going to need to start sooner than that, as the sun rises around 5:00-5:10am.
Also, the lookout point at Santiago Peak faces West with a little hill on the east side of it. But there is a spot where you can see the East side on top of the hill that would give you a good vantage point.

When were you thinking of going?
Went this morning got there at 5 am but actually ended up on ITT. But it was nice all the same.

Reactions: Tahoe.Adventures

PS144ONE

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Whittier, California
First Name
Rudy
Last Name
Silva
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6DMP

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Huntington Beach here as well. Heading up to Idyllwild this weekend!

Nice idyllwild is bout an hour drive for me!!! One day we'll have to plan an Idyllwild meet! TONS of trails and great spots up there!!!

Menifee/Temecula checking In!!!!

Reactions: YETI X and PS144ONE