Whittier, California
First Name
Rudy
Last Name
Silva
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6DMP
I'm considering going out to Idyllwild 7/2-7/4. Leaving 7/2 in the evening as I am on a bowling league that doesn't end till around 8:30pm. Any suggestions on what area to explore? Any and all are welcome to join.

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

I'm considering going out to Idyllwild 7/2-7/4. Leaving 7/2 in the evening as I am on a bowling league that doesn't end till around 8:30pm. Any suggestions on what area to explore? Any and all are welcome to join.
Generally folks run up Bee Canyon, and explore out from there. But you can find LOTS of trails running off the 74 on the way up the mountain! Let me know what you decide, may have to go play around in some dirt and get my first meetup with another overlander! [emoji6][emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: WhatTheZo

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Great little spot to have a little BBQ up there is Lake Fulmor! Very small, but has a cool little walking trail circling it, and some awesome wilderness all around it.

PS144ONE

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Whittier, California
First Name
Rudy
Last Name
Silva
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6DMP
Generally folks run up Bee Canyon, and explore out from there. But you can find LOTS of trails running off the 74 on the way up the mountain! Let me know what you decide, may have to go play around in some dirt and get my first meetup with another overlander! [emoji6][emoji57]

Sounds like a plan. Right now its a good probability that I will be going. Just need to get the gear rounded up.

Reactions: LuxuryOverland

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Sounds like a plan. Right now its a good probability that I will be going. Just need to get the gear rounded up.
yea rounding up the rest of my own gear is the issue for me currently aswell....ill check out what I have ready to go in the storage tomorrow evening, and if I can make it happen, well be there! You should set it up as a meet, see what kind of a group we can get to roll out!!

Reactions: Pitts02

PS144ONE

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Whittier, California
First Name
Rudy
Last Name
Silva
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6DMP
yea rounding up the rest of my own gear is the issue for me currently aswell....ill check out what I have ready to go in the storage tomorrow evening, and if I can make it happen, well be there! You should set it up as a meet, see what kind of a group we can get to roll out!!
Actually sounds like a good idea. I just ran across this video to that looks like a cool run.

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Actually sounds like a good idea. I just ran across this video to that looks like a cool run.
hahah you know that really does look like some fun! be a great day to test the p38!....lets see if I can score some new tires by then, the ones I'm wearing now will NOT do that trail....got some things to get in order by then! Let me know if you make it a meet! At the least ill show my face and go as far as the rover will take us!! (we just got her, I'm not too sure of her current ability, but I'm positive of the potential!!)

PS144ONE

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Whittier, California
First Name
Rudy
Last Name
Silva
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6DMP
I posted the trip in the Overland Trip Planning thread. See how many people are interested in going. Also I'm hoping someone that knows the area would be willing to take the lead. I'm hesitant to post it as a rally point as I don't have the experience to take the lead myself.

Reactions: LuxuryOverland

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Any of you socal overlanders need a great detail job, my brother in law will hook you up for a great price! Clay bar, shampoo, leather and plastic condition, wheel deep cleaning...does it all! PM me if any of you are ever interested, I'll give you his contact info!!

Reactions: 9Mike2

PS144ONE

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Whittier, California
First Name
Rudy
Last Name
Silva
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6DMP
Hello SoCal OB Family, Just got into Mammoth. Going to get some trail runs in and some hiking and fishing too.

Last edited: