Socal Meet up in Orange County?

• HTML tutorial

Overland-Jeff

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Torrance, CA
Member #

It was great to get a look at some of the rigs. I didn't get there until 11:30, and spent most of the time talking to Terry about his Subaru. Got plenty of ideas to apply to my own. Had to work on Sunday so I took off when the security guards showed up.

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Ok Folks, I secured us a parking lot at my work. We have a large DC parking area that I was able to get, this at least relieves the pressure until we find a better spot. The downside, no services. No restrooms or food, pack out what you pack in. Also since I work here I ask that we please respect the space, which I am sure goes without saying. Awnings and all that are welcome, grilling is welcome just know there are no restrooms. Since it is our property, no one will hassle us, I am getting final approval next week.

If this works out we do have a large showroom, if you guys are into what we make and I can probably get that opened up in the future, and there are restrooms and water in there. As of right now, we are ok to do this monthly unless we find a better location.

Location is:
Shimano American
1 Holland
Irvine, CA 92618

I will post a date and a time on post #1 once I lock down the location 100%, right now Saturday is best for my company, and we can decide AM or afternoon. Cheers!

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
OK folks, location is secured for Saturday, July 15th. Since it will likely be a hot one, any objections to an AM meeting? I am ok with anytime. I am planning a 3-hour window, I think the last one was 2 hours and bit short for some that came later. 4 hours seems a bit much, but not a rule I just need to be the last one out to make sure all is well.

We can do 7-10 am, 8-11 am or 11 am - 2pm (HOT) , I am leaning towards earlier since it is summer. I am up for evening as well, but I think Saturday night is tough to get people to commit. I wish I could do polls without starting a new thread!

As I mentioned before, the following will be allowed:
  • Awnings and tents if you want to show your setup
  • Grilling - although I don't think this will be long enough for that, but it's your call.
  • Tables and your set up for that
The Following is not:
  • No vendor sales or tents, this is a meetup only
  • there are no restrooms or water. The building will be locked up. So bring what you need.

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Going to create this event using the new Rally Point. It will create a new thread for this specific event. I think we can keep this one going for general talk and next events.

This is the Rally Point thread for this event: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-oc-meet-up-07-15-2017.7960/

Rally point allows you RSVP, contains all details for event location and GPS as well as my contact info. It's actually pretty a darn cool tool! There is a thread for event-specific info and question. Take note of the yellow link below the image that says "View Rally Point Details"

Let me know if you have any questions, see you all Saturday, July 15th 8-11am!

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Another great meet-up in Orange County! We're changing it up a bit with another OB member Chris Fitzgerald finding a great spot in Long Beach. Plenty of approved parking and a nice little burger joint too! Due to the warm temps and food location, this is going to be an evening gathering.

Details and RSVP can be found at this link: https://www.overlandbound.com/event/overland-bound-long-beach-meet-up/

For those active on Facebook, it's been added to the events page there as well. There are also some pictures posted from Saturdays meet-up.

Spread the word, this location should be great for a large group and it should be in range for LA/OC/IE/SB folks and further.

tinyOVERLANDER

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Member #

Going to create this event using the new Rally Point. It will create a new thread for this specific event. I think we can keep this one going for general talk and next events.

This is the Rally Point thread for this event: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-oc-meet-up-07-15-2017.7960/

Rally point allows you RSVP, contains all details for event location and GPS as well as my contact info. It's actually pretty a darn cool tool! There is a thread for event-specific info and question. Take note of the yellow link below the image that says "View Rally Point Details"

Let me know if you have any questions, see you all Saturday, July 15th 8-11am!
Date shown here to be July 15th... I think that date should be 08/12/2017 per the link above.

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Another good turnout as we moved the location to yesterdays meet-up to Long Beach. Thanks to Chris for finding that great location that we will have to use again while we have it as an option!

This next event will be in Irvine same place as the previous. Sunday 9/10/2017 8am - 11 am. I will 100% confirm this, I will update tomorrow if there is a need. If not, consider it the plan. I have also updated post #1 in this thread and will add to Facebook as well later.

RSVP and Details in Rally Point:
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/oc-overland-bound-monthly-meet-up/