Huntington Beach, CA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Niederhauser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ULA
What I was thinking, depending on schedules is a once a month/ every other month, get together. We could decide on a trail in a week I'm sure. The next few weeks would be deciding meet locations, would allow people to set/ adjust their schedules. We would be getting together often enough that it would allow various people in our online community down here to hit different events, even if they can't make them all they would have access to a good number of them.There are a good number of us talking about this now that we should have a good idea of what trails and campgrounds are in our area pretty much covered.

This would also be a chance for people to build their technical abilities with others, become more familiar with their rigs, and learn what it is they need to bring as they camp if they are new to Overlanding.

My 2 cents.

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Sounds good to me. We could even make it a monthly meet. I'm sure enough people will show up even if it's not a trail run day to just meet up with like minded people.
I agree... Socal is very large though.. My suggestion is to have one in the LA County area and another one farther South...

Flip

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Corona, CA.
Member #

I wouldn't mind trying a trail in San Diego or LA Co. Maybe we can do a rotation based on County??? Realistically, there isn't going to be a "middle" location to all of SoCal that is also close to different trails. But what if we meet at mid-location of each County & make it close to a trail. We can rotate counties every other month? LA, OC, I.E. (Not a county but we all know the IE) & San Diego counties? Just a suggestion to make it easier to try new places and make it convenient for all in other counties. Plus, traveling to other counties, means, we would be traveling to someone's "native" county, and they will more than likely KNOW the trail. So they could be the guides on their county trails.

Adventureswithlaylay

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Van nuys
Member #

Those are great points flip. We should pick a date. Than pick a trail. Than we pick a location to meet than caravan to the trail. And whoever is familiar with the trail takes lead. Cuz now that I think about it, it would be hard to find a middle location for all of us. So I think finding a location near what trail we run that day would be best. And for casual meets I don't mind driving to bass pro again lol anyone have any good trails to run. Probably something not so crazy for those that haven't done a group trail so we can get used to each other's vehicles and spotting.

Reactions: Narbob

Flip

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Corona, CA.
Member #

The I.E. has a lot of trails thanks to Big Bear. The only problem w/BB, it can take an hour from the base to just get to the trails.

There's also Lytle Creek & Cleghorn off the 15 in SB NF. And another good trail is Santiago Peak which is in the Cleveland NF.

Reactions: Narbob

Adventureswithlaylay

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Van nuys
Member #

I'm down for cleghorn. I think big bear would be a good weekend overnight trip once we have a couple of meets. There's so many trails in big bear i want to run lol

Rorschach

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Huntington Beach, CA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Niederhauser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ULA
Taking into consideration the distances traveled, as "flip" was saying, we could take the ideas of "flip" and "bronco12" together. We have the casual meets at locations that are in the middle of out areas that we are planning on going to. It like a strategy meeting b/s session at a burger joint. Then when we have our trips we meet at a gas station or what ever by the trail head. This could alternate through counties and give everyone a chance to travel and show off their home stomping grounds.

Reactions: 2ndGenFlip

Adventureswithlaylay

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Van nuys
Member #

Taking into consideration the distances traveled, as "flip" was saying, we could take the ideas of "flip" and "bronco12" together. We have the casual meets at locations that are in the middle of out areas that we are planning on going to. It like a strategy meeting b/s session at a burger joint. Then when we have our trips we meet at a gas station or what ever by the trail head. This could alternate through counties and give everyone a chance to travel and show off their home stomping grounds.
That sounds perfect. So we'll have casual meets where plan and talk rigs and than trail meets where we head out. What's a good date for everyone to have our first planning meet.

Reactions: 2ndGenFlip

Rorschach

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Huntington Beach, CA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Niederhauser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ULA
Speaking for myself I am not ready for a run this Saturday, though I was just checking this run out on my maps. I just purchased this truck and have a couple things that need to be taken care of first. I will see if I can get them taken care of before the weekend. I also plan on going back to Bass Pro Shops Sat. and picking up a couple pieces of camping gear I saw on sale last weekend. I'll be picking up lunch out there if anyone wants to meet up.
My truck is a bone stock Tacoma though... For now...