• HTML tutorial

mitchellsk8s

Rank 0

Traveler I

Has anyone mounted a snowboard carrying rack while also carrying your rtt? I'd like to make this work because it's a pain to remove my rtt from the top of my rig. For context, I have a CVT rtt which takes up the entire width of my prinsu roof rack on my 2018 4runner. I do have some room up front.
What have you guys done to make this work?

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Has anyone mounted a snowboard carrying rack while also carrying your rtt? I'd like to make this work because it's a pain to remove my rtt from the top of my rig. For context, I have a CVT rtt which takes up the entire width of my prinsu roof rack on my 2018 4runner. I do have some room up front.
What have you guys done to make this work?

I would do some sort of a hitch mount instead of trying to mount it on the roof rack.

https://www.rackwarehouse.com/thule-9033-tram-hitch-ski-snowboard-racks-rebox.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhcy1x9-V4AIVkEoNCh0ItQiKEAQYBiABEgKoVPD_BwE

Reactions: mitchellsk8s

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

That's a good option.I already own a set of Thule snowboard carriers, so I was hoping to utilize what I already have!
That's the part that sucks about this ... Making everything fit with current set up. Maybe you could sell those and put money towards hitch carrier.

TreadHead Garage

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edmonton Alberta, Canada
Member #

fab up or have someone fab up basically a piece of dom tube with a flat flange off the bottom x2. So that in theory you would bolt that to the side of the rack system you have and it would give you two vertical posts to clamp your thule carrier to.

bascially just two vertically crossbars

mitchellsk8s

Rank 0

Traveler I

fab up or have someone fab up basically a piece of dom tube with a flat flange off the bottom x2. So that in theory you would bolt that to the side of the rack system you have and it would give you two vertical posts to clamp your thule carrier to.

bascially just two vertically crossbars
That is essentially what I was hoping to achieve. This is what I came up with in the meantime. It might not be the prettiest, but it's functional.20190131_105035.jpg

Reactions: AZAdventurer