Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
I chose to go with this one...

Its the same volume but shorter and I prefer that since mine is mounted on the roof. I hate the disposable bottles for a few reasons but one of them is that you can only run one item at a time. I use mine for heat, light, and cooking but it would last quite a long time if you're only using it for cooking.

Reactions: Captain Chaos

Enthusiast III

Phoenix, AZ
I've got that same Worthington. Used a Front Runner Mount on my Gobi rack. A Y splitter lets me run a camp stove and a Weber Q Grill simultaneously. I get more than a week of camping out of it. The local propane dealer laughs when i come in and buy $1.30 in propane. The initial setup is expensive, but it's nice not to be hauling around so many little bottles at $4 a pop.

P1070342.JPG

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

Thanks for all the good info been looking into this for my Jeep & you guys just answered all my questions. Thanks & happy trails.

Reactions: Graeman

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

Another vote for Worthington! A word of advice, shop around. My local Cabelas want $79.99 for one. I got mine through Lowe’s for $50
I am huntaholic & have spent a lot of $ over the past few years & cabelas is honestly outrageous on their pricing. I am an Amazon guy %100 especially being a prime member

Reactions: SgtMac and Graeman

HeliSniper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Dallas, Texas
First Name
Brad
Last Name
S
Member #

I like this one from Amazon. I like that it is Aluminum and will not rust like the painted bottles, and it will not spark when hit against steel.
Worthington 299889 10-Pound Aluminum Propane Cylinder With Type 1 With Overflow Prevention Device Valve
41UOl28TsVL.jpg

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I like this one from Amazon. I like that it is Aluminum and will not rust like the painted bottles, and it will not spark when hit against steel.
Worthington 299889 10-Pound Aluminum Propane Cylinder With Type 1 With Overflow Prevention Device Valve
That is the one in my amazon wish list. Its expensive though. I need to figure out how well the 1lb bottles do on my Eccotemp L5 water heater. If that doesn't work or sucks them dry too fast, ill have to get something larger. It will have to go on my roof rack though, which im not excited about.

HeliSniper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Dallas, Texas
First Name
Brad
Last Name
S
Member #

That is the one in my amazon wish list. Its expensive though. I need to figure out how well the 1lb bottles do on my Eccotemp L5 water heater. If that doesn't work or sucks them dry too fast, ill have to get something larger. It will have to go on my roof rack though, which im not excited about.
Just search Worthington Propane tank on Amazon, they make many sizes.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign