Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Prosper, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Arailt
Member #

Are we supposed to take these questions seriously? "Scuba"? "Angry eyes"? And now skid plates for the Patriot?
I didn't know she added angry eyes to the Patriot. No need for skids if that's the case. They scare the rocks away.

Angry eyes and scuba? Fuggedaboutit

Reactions: Skibooties

Skibooties

Rank II

Pathfinder III

Southington, Connecticut, United States
First Name
Lauren
Last Name
Nadeau
While driving I could feel the rocks hit the bottom of my vehicle and it did not sound good. Does anybody know where I can buy skid plates?
Hey I wanna go on muddy/watery trails is it possible to install a scuba to a Jeep Patriot?
I know it’s not much but I blacked out the lettering on the Jeep, added some grills, and angry eyes to the front head lights
Are we supposed to take these questions seriously? "Scuba"? "Angry eyes"? And now skid plates for the Patriot?
I’m new to off roading, I’m 16 and I wanna learn about cars. I don’t expect you to take it seriously these are just general thoughts and ideas.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I’m new to off roading, I’m 16 and I wanna learn about cars. I don’t expect you to take it seriously these are just general thoughts and ideas.
Just go out and learn to drive around them or turn around. I don'r think you are going to wheel that hard. If you are restart again with something else.
I had a friend that drove a 70's Ford Capri to a remote surf spot when he got home his 18 gal tank was a 12 gal tank. The surf spot was 90 miles of bad Baja road on the way out. The road was been washed out while he spent a month there. I was there with Datsun 2x wheel truck.

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

I am not sure how much is vulnerable under your Patriot. I looked on the web, and aside from the front, it looks like much of it is protected. I would look underneath the car. Is your oil pan visible? Is your transmission pan visible? If you answered yes to either of these and plan to do trails with rocks I would suggest getting some skid plates. From the brief looking I did, it looks like there are some front skids that would be recommended. Some aftermarket bumpers actually have the front skid built-in.

Overland bound is great for the Overlanding info. For specific car info sometimes a forum dedicated to that car is best. You might try looking at Jeep Patriot Forums for some ideas. If you find any be sure to come back here and post up so it can help others. Good luck. Have the fun is getting your ride ready for hitting the trails.

Reactions: Skibooties

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
How awesome that you are 16 and trying to learn!! Skid plates are good, and I am sure you could find them, look for a patriot forum and search Skid plates, you will find tons of info I bet, here is a site to search: Jeep Patriot Forums

DO not take it bad if people ask if you are serious or whatever, it is just we are not expecting someone your age to be smart enough to be educating themselves on their Jeep and overlanding. Keep asking them questions!!

I would also suggest you find an overland gathering/meet up and go meet some folks and check out their rides and get ideas.....

Welcome to OB!

Jim

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Whoa, Southington Ct; I don’t think there are any legal trails anywhere near you. I would suggest, since you want to learn; to become well versed and a practitioner of “ Leave No Trace” & “ Tread Lightly “ principles, coupled with a complete familiarization of your vehicle. The jeep forums for your specific model are wealths of information. Another thing that is often overlooked is reading the owners manual, cover to cover. Enjoy your journey, be good, do good, most importantly- be safe.

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

I used to have a patriot. I primarily took mine to the beach and only a few times into rocky areas. Pick your lines and don’t straddle things. Approach washouts diagonally and slowly. You’ll probably get a tire in the air but it’ll manage the spin off you ease through. Other than that, keep it as light as possible and let the 4x4 electric clutch system do its thing.