Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Hey RoadDude

I really like the New Hampshire Lake photo. Did you kick the pond water to get that movement in the foreground?
Thank you; that's a favorite image of my camp set up.

Kick the water?

No, I'm in my canoe heading back into camp. It's quite shallow on this approach. I didn't intentionally disturb the lake water; that's just from my canoe.

Reactions: LanceK

LanceK

Rank V

Advocate II

Foley, Alabama 36535, United States
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Kindley
Member #

A few of our favorites in Oregon.

This one is in the Willamette National forest in Oregon with our Jeep and trailer. Felt like we had our own private lake! It was random site with a table a few miles off a main highway on a forest road.

View attachment 122986

View attachment 122987

This one was in the Ochoco National Forest in Oregon with our 4Runner and RTT. It was along the Oregon backcountry discovery route 4. It was amazing!

View attachment 122988
View attachment 122989

I’d have to stay those two are our favorites in each set up......so far.

[emoji1]
Hey Cory and Julie,

Love your horses and wagon! That last photo gets my head a spinning!!! Beautiful photo!

LanceK

Rank V

Advocate II

First Name
Lance
Last Name
Kindley
Member #

Thank you; that's a favorite image of my camp set up.

Kick the water?

No, I'm in my canoe heading back into camp. It's quite shallow on this approach. I didn't intentionally disturb the lake water; that's just from my canoe.
I think that moving water really adds to your photograph. Viewers wonder what has created the wake and why. That motion is also a nice contrast to the stillness above. Love it!

Reactions: Road

LanceK

Rank V

Advocate II

First Name
Lance
Last Name
Kindley
Member #

Cool pano! Got to love Padre.

I was down there first of this year for a week during the shutdown; could still go out and camp but all govt offices were closed up. I cleaned and stocked the rest rooms at the end of the pavement myself for the week.

Here's a few images of my camp there:

View attachment 125111

View attachment 125112

View attachment 125113
Road Dude,
You are one prepared Dude! Have you made a list of everything you travel with? I'm going seek you out if the end comes!!!

Reactions: Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Road Dude,
You are one prepared Dude! Have you made a list of everything you travel with? I'm going seek you out if the end comes!!!
Thanks.

I'm usually on the road for several months at a time, experiencing a wide array of environments and temps ranging from freezing to over a 100ºF, so typically carry gear and wardrobe accordingly.

It's very different than going out for long weekends or even a couple weeks, where you know you'll be heading 'home' after a given amount of time. It's a completely different mindset to not have an end plan or return date in mind, so home is where I am with what I have.

It's a fun challenge to see how self-sufficient I can be off-grid and how little waste I can produce.

No lists. Most of my gear lives in the trailer full-time, and what I take on any given extended adventure has typically stayed the same for a few years with minor changes as I evolve in efficiency. Takes less than 20 mins to set up the way you see in that last image, and way less to set it up like below.

GoM_1319-1080n.jpeg

Reactions: Shahn and LanceK

LanceK

Rank V

Advocate II

First Name
Lance
Last Name
Kindley
Member #

First trip with our new to us 2019 Toyota 4 Runner. October 2020 at Bankhead NF Alabama. We love our Forest River R-Pod180 and had been pulling it with a 2009 Chevrolet Equinox before getting the 4 Runner. Rear wheel drive is so much better on my blood pressure than front wheel drive!
10-06-2020 Bankhead NF Al 02.jpg10-06-2020 Bankhead NF Al.jpg10-06-2020 Bankhead NF Al 03.jpg10-06-2020 Bankhead NF Al 04.jpg

Reactions: Shahn and MSD

LanceK

Rank V

Advocate II

First Name
Lance
Last Name
Kindley
Member #

In July this year we drove east of home to Conecuh National Forest. Conecuh NF has become a favorite exploring location for us since it takes less than two hours to get there. We check out the forest roads on Saturday and then camp over night. Sunday morning coffee is slow and leisured. Back on the trails in the pm and then normally back home in evening. We were sure glad to have rechargeable fans this weekend!

Conecuh 001.jpgConecuh 002.jpgConecuh 003.jpgConecuh 004.jpg

Reactions: Shahn