Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hei

I noticed that most Norway articles are located directly under the European Section (Overland Bound by Region Forum) folder root, rather than specifically within in the Scandinavian Section.

Could I make a friendly suggestion - that we keep all Scandinavian articles within the Scandinavian Section, and thereafter split them into distinct countries (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Faroe Islands, Greenland).

Not only would this help us all to find news and articles easier, but also add a little common sense discipline to the system.

I also noticed that if you hover over the other European Country sections (e.g. Mid Europe) a pop-up shows which countries are included in this group (Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Switzerland, Austria). However the Scandinavian section does not offer this option. Could I suggest a pop-up be generated for Scandinavia, and the following countries added to this list (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Faroe Islands, Greenland).

Would be good to create this now, before the number of Scandinavian articles grows......

Thanks a lot for your consideration - I hope we can make this work.
Cheers
Neil :)
Sandnes, Norway

Neil Q Smith

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Good suggestion :) Niel, is your signature photo from iceland?
Hei there,

Good to get in contact with another Norway OB Member.

Thanks a lot for your positive feedback to my suggestion.

Yes, the photo is from Iceland this summer, during out last Arctic Trucks expedition there (www.ice2017.no)

If you are ever coming Stavanger / Sandnes way, lets meet up.

Cheers
Neil :)

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Neil,

I think you should contact Michael and Corrie and ask if you could become the Scandinavian Ambassador. This together being moderator allows you to control that part of the Forum.

Greetings from Robert

Reactions: Neil Q Smith

Neil Q Smith

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hello Neil,

I think you should contact Michael and Corrie and ask if you could become the Scandinavian Ambassador. This together being moderator allows you to control that part of the Forum.

Greetings from Robert
Hei Robert

Thanks a lot for your reply and suggestion -much appreciated.

Maybe I should approach Michael and Corrie on this suggestion.
Do you think they would respond positively to this request?

I am sure I could do the job - no issues.
Just not been in OB for very long - although I am gaining badges at a rapid rate........
And I would take the position seriously, as I do with all my other commitments.

Reactions: Suburban94

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Neil,

They will respond in a positive way. How Positive? I dont know. But if you dont try, you wont know.
Succes with the try.

Greetings from Robert

Reactions: Neil Q Smith

Neil Q Smith

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hi Neil. I agree to your great suggestion. Have you done anything to IT? Greetings Jan-Egil Frisvold
Hei Jan-Egil
Good to hear from you :)
Sorry for late reply - been back in UK (my 95 years mother is not very well...)
Hope we can meet up sometime later in the year, when I have the opportunity to get out again.
Have a good one
Cheers
Neil