La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
do we have an SD BS thread going, don't want to clog up this thread with questions and BS?

Reactions: Mogwai

WhatTheZo

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego
Member #

A bunch of Subarus are headed to Anza Borrego via Grapevine Canyon road today 03/09 and staying near Yaqui Pass. I'm probably gonna meet up with them tonight to chill then we're going to hit up Oriflamme Canyon from there tomorrow morning if anyone wants to say Hi. I think a couple OB members will be in the group.

Reactions: Mogwai and Snupee

WhatTheZo

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego
Member #

If you haven't had the chance, I'd totally recommend hitting up Oriflamme Canyon this season. Couple members who run it frequently said that this was the first time they've seen water there in YEARS. The rains also upped the difficulty level and really made me wish I had 4lo. I probably couldn't do the run in the summer with a CVT because it's a 6 miles ascent over ruts and rocks made it mad. Definitely has been one of the most beautiful trails I've done in SD. Desert, to scrub to sub-alpine was a treat. Even had to drive through some reeds to get passed a downed tree.

Throwing in a couple pictures for attention. FB_IMG_1552617083095.jpegDSCN5705.JPGFB_IMG_1552577198978.jpegFB_IMG_1552574451861.jpeg

Snupee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

If you haven't had the chance, I'd totally recommend hitting up Oriflamme Canyon this season. Couple members who run it frequently said that this was the first time they've seen water there in YEARS. The rains also upped the difficulty level and really made me wish I had 4lo. I probably couldn't do the run in the summer with a CVT because it's a 6 miles ascent over ruts and rocks made it mad. Definitely has been one of the most beautiful trails I've done in SD. Desert, to scrub to sub-alpine was a treat. Even had to drive through some reeds to get passed a downed tree.

Throwing in a couple pictures for attention. View attachment 89440View attachment 89441View attachment 89442View attachment 89443
I think we are doing Oriflamme next weekend! Looks like fun!

Reactions: WhatTheZo

Snupee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

We are going on the 24th, meeting up in Julian then taking a trail over to Oriflamme then heading down. Let me know if you wanna join and I'll get the details!

hopkillin

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
Will I need to air down. Running a stock trd off-road. Until my sliders show up at some point

Snupee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

Will I need to air down. Running a stock trd off-road. Until my sliders show up at some point
I think airing down is optional, on this trail its probably more for ride comfort. Either way most of us have compressors so you can air back up.