Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Ellis
Member #

I know it’s a little early to be talking about over land expo west in May but anyone heading out for it. Was thinking about road tripping it out and hitting some trails on the way out and back.
Me and the old lady are going to the expo, maybe we could make a trip out of it. What areas did you have in mind to hit on the way up?

hopkillin

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
Me and the old lady are going to the expo, maybe we could make a trip out of it. What areas did you have in mind to hit on the way up?
Right now all I have is do Bradshaw trail it starts right by the Salton Sea then come out at Blythe. Then It’s a 4 hour drive to flagstaff.

Here is a clip of the trail thank to @TrailRecon.

grey_skies_tacoma

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

El Cajon, CA
Member #

Due to the government shutdown, does anyone know if trails have been closed (e.g. corral canyon) or are they all still open? Looking to do a short run this weekend.

Mogwai

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Member #

There were trails closed in Big Bear but I think more seasonal related than shutdown related. I can say that since there were no Rangers the OHV folks were driving everywhere they werent supposed to be. My guess is Corral canyon would be open but it may be a bit of a free for all.

grey_skies_tacoma

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

El Cajon, CA
Member #

There were trails closed in Big Bear but I think more seasonal related than shutdown related. I can say that since there were no Rangers the OHV folks were driving everywhere they werent supposed to be. My guess is Corral canyon would be open but it may be a bit of a free for all.
Thanks! Hopefully the trails will be open!

WhatTheZo

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego
Member #

On that note, maybe we can contact someone to see if they need trash and stuff hauled out of areas affected by the shutdown?

Reactions: distelbaja

tstead60

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Diego California
Member #

I know there's one coming up this weekend for Joshua Tree National Park, though I hope this new spending bill the house just passed goes through.

tstead60

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Diego California
Member #

Still looking to do a Mojave road trip from the evening of the 24th and back the 27th if anyone is interested. Idea is to leave after work the 24th and camp that night at the head of the trail on the Barstow side. Then back to San Diego that Sunday from Needles.

hopkillin

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
It looks like Inland Empire is doing a Bee Canyon run on Saturday Jan 19th. I think that's the furthest south they go and it's pretty close to us. Might be worth trying to sync up.
That sounds fun

hopkillin

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
It looks like Inland Empire is doing a Bee Canyon run on Saturday Jan 19th. I think that's the furthest south they go and it's pretty close to us. Might be worth trying to sync up.
That sounds fun! Let me know who goes!!

STOMPERWK2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Solana Beach, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZBN
I know it’s a little early to be talking about over land expo west in May but anyone heading out for it. Was thinking about road tripping it out and hitting some trails on the way out and back.
I def wanna head out to the Expo this year..