La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
I def wanna head out to the Expo this year..
We should be a sub meet up and chat about timing and route and maybe some trails on the way out and back. Tickets are on sale for the top level for like $335. But the next level is going on sale later this month for like 170.

hopkillin

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
It looks like Inland Empire is doing a Bee Canyon run on Saturday Jan 19th. I think that's the furthest south they go and it's pretty close to us. Might be worth trying to sync up.
Just found out I can’t make that trip would love to go next time.

Reactions: WhatTheZo

STOMPERWK2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Solana Beach, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZBN
We should be a sub meet up and chat about timing and route and maybe some trails on the way out and back. Tickets are on sale for the top level for like $335. But the next level is going on sale later this month for like 170.
Yeah, looks like the $170s go up in a couple days. I'm a newb to the expo. I heard that campground gets packed quick.

WhatTheZo

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego
Member #

Cross posting the Inland Empire meetup. I can't make because I'm helping out at another event.

8:30am to 9am...then head out to trail. 9am

Bee Canyon, Day Run, 4 to 6 hrs., / Leader: - Brent
Start Point: 43396 Florida Ave, Hemet, CA 92544 | GPS Coordinates: 33.7482, -116.90068
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/33....77eda73aeb9de2!2m2!1d-115.9009923!2d33.873415

In other news, I might head out to Doghouse Junction or somewhere in Dulzura to watch the lunar eclipse on Sunday. I'll post on Sunday when I figure out where I'm going to go.

Last edited:

hopkillin

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
Any one know if a stock Trd off-road can do valley if the moons. Looking to get out this weekend.

Reactions: Snupee

WhatTheZo

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego
Member #

Any one know if a stock Trd off-road can do valley if the moons. Looking to get out this weekend.
A buddy of mine told me that they got a stock renegade trailhawk through with good spotting.

This may excite me more, since that's the jeep closest equivalency to my car.

Reactions: Snupee

Megadoomer

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

N32°55'31.94",W117°05'20.21"
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Rossi
Member #

I was surveying the US/Mx boundary in that area a few years back. I didnt have trouble with my 2011 Tundra but maybe there are a few areas I didnt go. I have been wanting to take my Land Cruiser back out there ever since.

hopkillin

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
Anyone know a good spot to catch the super bloom in early March? Looking at doing a few nights in anzo with the family. If anyone wants to come.

WhatTheZo

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego
Member #

Anyone know a good spot to catch the super bloom in early March? Looking at doing a few nights in anzo with the family. If anyone wants to come.
Just a heads up, I was talking to some people from the Natural History Museum and they're saying that we just had a good winter bloom and will have a normal spring bloom, so it won't be as crazy as 2017.

I usually drive through Grapevine Canyon then either check out Blair Valley in the south or stuff around Arroyo Salado to the north. Coyote Canyon is always a good spot but is a nightmare of Prius' during the weekend.

Reactions: yak51

hopkillin

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
Just a heads up, I was talking to some people from the Natural History Museum and they're saying that we just had a good winter bloom and will have a normal spring bloom, so it won't be as crazy as 2017.

I usually drive through Grapevine Canyon then either check out Blair Valley in the south or stuff around Arroyo Salado to the north. Coyote Canyon is always a good spot but is a nightmare of Prius' during the weekend.
I was looking at arroyo Salado area. The other family we are going with is going to be in a van and can’t go to fair off the main road.

Cav 3724

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Coronado California
First Name
Steve
Last Name
C
I was in ocotillo wells ohv area all last week. Flowers are everywhere. Especially between blow sand,Devils slide and the north side of Devils slide. Never seen so many this early.