US West San Diego Overland Bound Trail Runs

• HTML tutorial

steve san diego

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

Got friends in town this weekend, but hoping to put details together for the trip early this next week. Should be a fun time and looking forward to meeting some new folks!!!!

RP80

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego
First Name
Ray
Last Name
Perdido
Member #

Hi guys. New to the site and the group. This really sounds good. I would really like see the place again. I recall visiting the place back in the early 90s, if it’s the same one. I’d have to do a little research. Anyway, hope to have my own rig by then.

Reactions: Snupee

Paul Varese

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hi all. I'm new to the group and pretty newbie in general. The Anza trip in October sounds great! My 16 year old son would have a blast as my navigator. I've mainly just explored old mining and fire access roads by myself. I don't have any experience navigating technical trails with a group. I would like to find a good book on trail etiquette and basic group protocols if there is something like that. Would this trip be appropriate for a novice like me?

steve san diego

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

Welcome aboard. I am in Utah right now doing some canyoneering. Will post pics when I get back. Will also get cracking on details and sign up for october borrego trip when I return.

Reactions: RP80

ILLFOZZ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Diego
Member #

Hey guys! I'm new to the overlanding community but just did Otay Truck Trail from the prison up to the antenna towers and finished at Pio Pico which was a fun, simple trail that we could likely get a large group to do. I'm up to go on future trips, keep me posted! *watching thread*

RP80

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego
First Name
Ray
Last Name
Perdido
Member #

Hi guys,
Finally got my overlanding rig last Friday and took it out to Rockhouse canyon and Fonts Point in Anza-Borrego for a quick day trip drive. Looking forward to meeting you guys soon.

SoCalFJZ80

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Huntington Beach
Member #

Hey guys! I'm new to the overlanding community but just did Otay Truck Trail from the prison up to the antenna towers and finished at Pio Pico which was a fun, simple trail that we could likely get a large group to do. I'm up to go on future trips, keep me posted! *watching thread*
That’s a great little trail. Otay is a lot of fun.

Reactions: ILLFOZZ and RP80

MtnDuck

Rank I

Enthusiast I

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wagner
Service Branch
Army Vet
Sooo wish I could go, but the baja is out of commission for the moment. Have fun, whoever can make it!

Snupee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

I want to go on this run, but i might have to plan on meeting up with you Friday afternoon. Do you have an idea of where you are planning on setting up camp Friday. I can bomb out there after work and hook up with you guys?

WhatTheZo

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego
Member #

I want to go on this run, but i might have to plan on meeting up with you Friday afternoon. Do you have an idea of where you are planning on setting up camp Friday. I can bomb out there after work and hook up with you guys?
Yeah I'll probably also be doing this.