US West San Diego Overland Bound Trail Runs

• HTML tutorial

Mogwai

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Member #

Hi guys,
Finally got my overlanding rig last Friday and took it out to Rockhouse canyon and Fonts Point in Anza-Borrego for a quick day trip drive. Looking forward to meeting you guys soon.
Nice choice! FYI Beach n Toys (local Toyota Land Cruiser club) meets the first Tuesday of each month at Mike's BBQ in Escondido, join us!

Reactions: RP80

steve san diego

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

I will be heading out Friday morning...hope we can meet up
We can definitely meet up Friday morning. I just updated the event with gps coordinates of both nights camp spots. I also added a pdf doc with additional information about the camp spots. Would you be able to get out to where we are camping by 10 am?

steve san diego

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

Depending on when folks get out there Friday we could do an evening run through fish creek if there is interest in that. Plans for Saturday are coming together. First stop after breaking camp is to head over to Borrego Mountain Wash and go visit the slot canyon over there. After that we will head to the Salton See to explore the Abandoned Naval Base. I am still looking at other areas to explore along the S22.

tbuck12

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chula Vista, CA, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Buckley
Member #

We can definitely meet up Friday morning. I just updated the event with gps coordinates of both nights camp spots. I also added a pdf doc with additional information about the camp spots. Would you be able to get out to where we are camping by 10 am?
I should be able to....I will keep u posted as we get closer to the date

RP80

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego
First Name
Ray
Last Name
Perdido
Member #

Nice choice! FYI Beach n Toys (local Toyota Land Cruiser club) meets the first Tuesday of each month at Mike's BBQ in Escondido, join us!
That sounds good. I’ll try next month

hopkillin

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
wish i could make it already have a camping trip that week with the Family. maybe next time have fun and be safe.

STOMPERWK2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Solana Beach, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZBN
Gonna hit the Black Mountain Truck Trail in the Ramona area on Sunday 11/25. I haven't run it before but it looks easy/moderate.

Goal is to hit the trailhead by 9.

Join if ya can!

Reactions: WhatTheZo

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gonna hit the Black Mountain Truck Trail in the Ramona area on Sunday 11/25. I haven't run it before but it looks easy/moderate.

Goal is to hit the trailhead by 9.

Join if ya can!
Any knowledge from other members of ability in a stock truck with factory street tires? Ram 1500 all factory but have been shocked a time or two in what this thing will do stock.

WhatTheZo

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego
Member #

Definitely stock friendly.We use it as a intro to dirt for stock Subarus.

Main issue with a full size truck is if another one is coming the opposite directions.

Have fun y'all.
Any knowledge from other members of ability in a stock truck with factory street tires? Ram 1500 all factory but have been shocked a time or two in what this thing will do stock.

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Definitely stock friendly.We use it as a intro to dirt for stock Subarus.

Main issue with a full size truck is if another one is coming the opposite directions.

Have fun y'all.
Thanks for the info. I take it the trail gets a bit narrow at times ? Is there any drop offs to the side of the trail? Wife would probably want to tag along but she not so good with edges lol.

@StomperSD is there a plan for coms?

STOMPERWK2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Solana Beach, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZBN
Thanks for the info. I take it the trail gets a bit narrow at times ? Is there any drop offs to the side of the trail? Wife would probably want to tag along but she not so good with edges lol.

@StomperSD is there a plan for coms?
This is a fire road I believe, so it should be tame....

I've got a set of walkie talkies we can use..