US West San Diego Overland Bound Trail Runs

• HTML tutorial

Kyle & Kari Frink

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

San Diego, California
Member #

Hello fellow Diegans! Just joined and looking to play soon too. Love the idea of throwing around trail runs, ideas, etc...
Im heading to Big Bear first weekend of Aug via Millcreek Bypass and Clark's Grade if by chance you're going too, or wanna follow...lets coordinate!
Make sure to come out to this weekends run at Bear Valley, the 22ND (Sunday) @ 0715. Definitely can discuss who would be able to follow/join you in your trip for sure. Look forward to seeing you there.

Reactions: SURFOVERLAND

Kyle & Kari Frink

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

San Diego, California
Member #

Linked below are some resources of a few different types of topographical maps, some information for the area, and Google Map directions to the staging area (Bear Valley-Cleveland National Forest) that the group will be running.

The run is scheduled for:

Correct me if I'm wrong @Snupee but some will be meeting up at Kearny Mesa @ 0630 to caravan out together to the staging area.

• U.S. Forest Service Website:

• Gaia Maps:

• Topo Zone:

• Rider Planet: this is meant for 2 wheel and ATV's but has great references of the areas, and staging area information for 4WD Trails

• Google Maps- Directions from San Diego, CA to Bear Valley Staging Area

https://goo.gl/maps/htQe47tp9Fo

We do apologize if we missed anyone, so if you see another member you know isn't on the list please inform them! Will figure out soon a better method/process to link everyone to updates!

@FrankRoams
@Megadoomer
@donuteater
@Surfnoverland
@Snupee
@StomperSD
@Tank
@SLOPOQ
@btodd009
@CruiserBauers
@Jku Ben
@grey_skies_tacoma
@GeoYota
@Ivan Montano
@Chap79
@Gordo
@CANNONBALL94
@Dago JK
@YETI X
@Dangit00
@LitTaco
@OROZŪK
@jeepinjacqueee

Last edited:

SURFOVERLAND

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Oceanside ,ca
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Trostad
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6AEB
Linked below are some resources of a few different types of topographical maps, some information for the area, and Google Map directions to the staging area (Bear Valley-Cleveland National Forest) that the group will be running.

Correct me if I'm wrong @Snupee but some will be meeting up at Kearny Mesa @ 0630 to caravan out together to the staging area.

• Gaia Maps:

• Topo Zone:

• Rider Planet: this is meant for 2 wheel and ATV's but has great references of the areas, and staging area information for 4WD Trails

The organization you guys are bringing to this is awesome I hope others appreciate it as much as a few of us do @kyle&kari frink
Thanks

Sent from my SM-J727V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Kyle & Kari Frink

Snupee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

• Gaia Maps:

• Topo Zone:

https://goo.gl/maps/htQe47tp9Fo

We do apologize if we missed anyone, so if you see another member you know isn't on the list please inform them! Will figure out soon a better method/process to link everyone to updates!

@FrankRoams
@Megadoomer
@donuteater
@Surfnoverland
@Snupee
@StomperSD
@Tank
@SLOPOQ
@btodd009
@CruiserBauers
@Jku Ben
@grey_skies_tacoma
@GeoYota
@Ivan Montano
@Chap79
@Gordo
@CANNONBALL94
@Dago JK
@YETI X
@Dangit00
@LitTaco
@OROZŪK
@jeepinjacqueee
Kyle & Kari, Yes you are correct. If anyone joining would like to caravan out to the trail head we will be meeting in Kearny Mesa at 5490 Complex St. SD, CA 92123 and departing at 6:30. If your an East County member and don't want to back track to SD, the caravan should arrive at the trail head approximately 7:15ish.

From there we can all air down and get our comms all sync'd and then head out for a little fun. I don't know what everyone has for Comms, but if you have FRS/walkie talkie or HAM/dual band, bring them. I don't know how many CB'rs there are but those can be used as well. The group shouldn't be that big and we should be able to relay messages if anyone has any problems or needs to stop for any reason.

There isn't really any chance of anyone getting lost, as the trail is an out and back loop.

Look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday!

Sharkbait4x4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Little Creek, Virginia Beach, VA, USA
First Name
Zack
Last Name
Campion
Member #

Everyone just wanted to get some feedback on Offroad Jacks. Does anyone have experience or reviews on any other brand than hi lift some are half the price? Give me your feedback. Thanks Matt

Sent from my SM-J727V using OB Talk mobile app
I have used farm hand i think and never had any trouble

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

STOMPERWK2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Solana Beach, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZBN
Kyle & Kari, Yes you are correct. If anyone joining would like to caravan out to the trail head we will be meeting in Kearny Mesa at 5490 Complex St. SD, CA 92123 and departing at 6:30. If your an East County member and don't want to back track to SD, the caravan should arrive at the trail head approximately 7:15ish.

From there we can all air down and get our comms all sync'd and then head out for a little fun. I don't know what everyone has for Comms, but if you have FRS/walkie talkie or HAM/dual band, bring them. I don't know how many CB'rs there are but those can be used as well. The group shouldn't be that big and we should be able to relay messages if anyone has any problems or needs to stop for any reason.

There isn't really any chance of anyone getting lost, as the trail is an out and back loop.

Look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday!
I'll meet you in Kearny Mesa for the caravan tomorrow AM, thanks!

yak51

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

@Surfnoverland
@Megadoomer
@Snupee

Thanks to those who have actually read and replied to this thread so far!
The only thing that honestly will make this get somewhere (as @Snupee has said "become more organized")
Will be the more everyone inputs their recommendations, the better we can refine this to make for a great setup!
So whereas @Megadoomer has said lol you just show up and have a great time!

Thanks to all who make this possible. I will be joining the Bear Valley Trail run. Looking forward to learning and sharing whatever experiences I have that may be of value.

Tim

Kyle & Kari Frink

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

San Diego, California
Member #

Due to a series of unfortunate events the family and I will not be making it out tomorrow morning for the trail run.

We really wish we could be there, but we will just have to be there in spirit. Everyone have a blast and be safe! Enjoy yourselves and let it be a learning experience for those new to this lifestyle, and a reminder to those who've been doing this a while of how alive being out there off the beaten path makes you feel.

We have been in touch with our West Region ambassador about potential trail adoption in regards to maintaining and cleaning a trail in association with the National Forest Service and BLM. More details will follow as more information is put out. I'm sure that everyone will be down for this because this a big part of how "we" Overlanders in the O.B. community can contribute to keeping more trails open and accessible to the public.

Snupee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

For those able to make it tomorrow we look forward to meeting everyone for a fun trail run and those that unfortunately can't make it, we will look forward to the next event that we will try and get planned soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using OB Talk mobile app