Chacon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QNC
Service Branch
US Air Force

Original order was shipped July 11 2016

The cooler was shipped today.

I can't get myself to spend twice as much for such minimal performance advantage (if any). Some may want a better warranty and a place to walk into and replace the faulty item and I agree but I also know there is very little that can go or be wrong with a cooler and a drinking cup.

Once I receive the cooler I'll update with some measurements and first impressions

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris Zawacki

Masheen365

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

South GA
Member #

I have Yeti, RTIC and Ozark Trail 30 Oz tumblers and can't tell the difference unless I read the logo. The Ozark Trail fits my cup holders just a bit better than the other two...

For my money on a cooler I'll go to Walmart or Sam's and get their version.

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I originally purchased a couple of the 20oz tumblers then the 20 quart cooler. Was very happy with it so purchase the 45 which I have not used yet. I also ordered a couple of the spill proof lids for the tumblers but don't really like them.

Reactions: Chris Zawacki

goleee33

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Tustin, CA
Member #

I have the 45 and it has taken a beating. It also is fantastic in holding ice. Sometimes too well. My pre-scrambled eggs actually froze in the cooler. . . kind of a bummer. I would just recommend using frozen water bottles and not cubed ice as it could get too cold in the cooler with the ice cubes.

Reactions: Glenn

goleee33

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Tustin, CA
Member #

I have Yeti, RTIC and Ozark Trail 30 Oz tumblers and can't tell the difference unless I read the logo. The Ozark Trail fits my cup holders just a bit better than the other two...

For my money on a cooler I'll go to Walmart or Sam's and get their version.
Depending where you are from, they are near impossible to find. I was originally looking for the 52 Ozark Trail but got tired of wasting gas going to Walmart once a week to check. The employees were useless to call about them.

Obi-Juan

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern California - San Fernando Valley
First Name
John
Last Name
Lechuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JKL
Don't forget to pickup a set of long shank master locks, similar to the ones below from Amazon. Not only will these activate the RTIC Cooler Bear Resistant feature... it will help keep your cooler from growing feet too! ;)

SC4runner

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

St. Matthews, SC
Member #

Don't forget to pickup a set of long shank master locks, similar to the ones below from Amazon. Not only will these activate the RTIC Cooler Bear Resistant feature... it will help keep your cooler from growing feet too! ;)

^THIS!!! My RTIC 65 was securely locked to a tree the day a Yeti 45 "walked away" from an adjacent campsite.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Last edited:
Reactions: Element Overland

Hapkijo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brooklyn, NY 11232, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Lalanne
Member #

I was thinking of getting one, but the 30 warranty, doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Especially since I'm not going to use it till May.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I have a rtic 40 soft sided cooler, and a yeti 65. The rtic is a good cooler for the price. If I was in the market for a new cooler, I'd buy an rtic. I saw the local Walmart has the ozarktrail coolers in. I thought the quality wasn't as good as an rtic, and definitely not like a yeti.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
They are almost identical to yeti, but cheaper feeling. I looked at the rtic site, it still shows the yeti copy

goleee33

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Tustin, CA
Member #

Their design. Apparently they were too close to Yeti. Haha. They settled a few months ago. You should be able to find the link on line for better details.

Sent from my XT1585 using OB Talk mobile app
I don't think they have made the changes yet to any versions they are selling. I'm sure they can wait until their current stock is depleted or their supplier contracts end. That's when you'll see the new models or designs.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Got the point across! Maybe rtic will have a clearance sale. Did you get 30% off at checkout?