Roof Rack for XJ (Jeep Cherokee) - North Alabama

• HTML tutorial

IronPappy

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Huntsville, AL
Member #

I'm in the process of buying my rig now, and I know I'm buying an XJ. I'm searching for a roof rack that an RTT can be mounted on (not sure if that means it can have sides, or if it means it must be flat). Doesn't have to be any particular name brand, but quality is a must. As always, any advice, assistance, or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Bardly Brad

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Shingle Springs, CA
Member #

If you're going to mount a RTT, personally I would get a rack that's flat for the RTT mounting and then has sides in the front our back for storage. This way your keeping the weight of the tent as low as possible.

Also, due to the XJ being a uni, I would have a custom roll cage or bolt in cage installed to mitigate the weight.

Last tip, mount it to the gutters only!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gummybear

Rank 0

Contributor II

Gardnerville, NV, USA
First Name
Connor
Last Name
Hall
I'm in the process of buying my rig now, and I know I'm buying an XJ. I'm searching for a roof rack that an RTT can be mounted on (not sure if that means it can have sides, or if it means it must be flat). Doesn't have to be any particular name brand, but quality is a must. As always, any advice, assistance, or direction would be greatly appreciated.
hey brother, I just got rid of my 97 xj, I have a safari style roof rack if you're interested, it runs the entire length of the jeep, flat, and is super sturdy . also comes with 4 hella lights