Rock sliders - paint, powdercoat or linex???

• HTML tutorial

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
hahaha. Ok. The middle middle is fine with me.

I have experience with a lot of coatings from a quality standpoint. That was 10 years ago, though, when I was working in a lab for a chem supplier for the military and a lot can have changed since then. But I noticed a great difference between what the manufacturer can claim and what the reality of a coatings tolerances are. Being out of the game for 10 years, I guess I can't really comment on how well the coatings hold up anymore.
Paint specs lol yeh great in lab conditions. Although "sika cor" is proving very very reliable in marine conditions but. £££££ i had some left over off a job and coated a cattle truck bed in it two years ago its held up in some very testing conditions , if asthectics did not matter i would use teak decking the old stuff they used to use on flat bed trucks. I used to watch them slide steel and lumber on them. Man they took some pounding Ive allway toyed with the idea of cutting some down and fixing it to the under side of my rock sliders

Stepsride

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Palm Harbor FL
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stepkoski
Member #

Powder coat and keep them up with some rattle can. Not all powder coatings are created equal. Make sure you do some research

Svenny

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

BC
First Name
Spencer
Last Name
Arnold
Member #

Been doing alot of research on this. I think powder coat is the way to go unless you beat the hell out of them. Touch ups can be done with a rattle can (usually on the bottom anyways!)

Old Griz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Idaho
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Clisham
Member #

I just use black rattle can primer. It's cheap and easy to touch up.