Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Very little update. Just one picture.
Drilled some holes in the mount plate, to reduce just a little bit of weight, and made a big hole under the winch to avoid the winch rope to get stuck between drum and winch plate.
WP_20180203_20_38_19_Pro.jpg
Tommorow I will work on the fairlead to make that one ready to be welded on. And I will make a guard in front of the winch. I hope I can manage that all tomorrow.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

And again some work done. The fairlead is ready now.

And the shape of the mount is coming out now

Front

Side

Back. Think I can wled this together tomorrow.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Well folks,

I did some work again to the Rig, and the winch mount is finally ready.
So have a look.

at last, on the Rig.

Tomorrow the grill and the bumper back in place and connecting the winch to the battery. Then that project is almost done.
Because, I have to mount my lights on something. heheh.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

And done, winch mount is on the Jeep.

Just need to install the wiring and the control box.
That is a job for tomorrow. And ohw, I need a mount for the LED spot lights. Think that is a job for tomorrow as well.

Reactions: [DO]Ron

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

De Veluwe. Radio Kootwijk.
The netherlands is way more beautiful as many people think. If you know your places and lanes.
I rememberd you said this somewhere on the forums. So I was looking into going to Radio Kootwijk somewhere next few weeks to make a few cool photo's and see stuff.
Only to find out that somewhere last year they blocked all vehicle access to the place. Sometimes I hate living here in the nehterlands, every forest or nice place gets cut off, so only bikes and horses can go there. Maybe I should buy a horse :( seems soon to be the only way to enjoy nature.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Well, the wiring and the control box are on, and I think it isnt that nice. But we need that box.

But I didnt manage the mount for my lights. Well, we have some days more this week. It has to be done before the coming weekend.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Well, I managed to make a little temporary mount for the lights, as I was sure I would need them the weekend.
So, not as great, but functional.

Next week I will pick up the snorkel. And then Ard and I will work on a pushbar as well. And that will provide me with the possibility to make a better, nicer and more sturdy lights mount. And then I will put up one or two little led lights right on top of the control box. So it will be a better sight.

The snorkel is again a bit bigger project, but will be simple and easy, at least, if the drilling will go smooth.

The last project before we are going to Poland is making a new Roof rack.

So, stay tuned and I will keep posting.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Well, we do have done a lot since the last post.
New Roof Rack and the snorkel are installed.
So just have a look, as pictures are always saying mor then 1000 words.

And here is my new Bravo Snorkel. Made in Europe.

next project will be installing an Airlift 1000 suspencion. This will provide a smoother ride, more security, less sway and sag to the Jeep when the Trailer is hooked up.
So, more to come.
ps, see the new front bar around the winch. Not that bad I think?

Reactions: Joey83

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

As we are driving a lot with our trailer, but also a lot without it, we need a solution for the sag and sway during the times we drive with the Trailer. As I already have around 100kg of weight standard in the car, due, gear, tools and more, EFS doesnt have a higher plus weight for the Jeep KJ. But, that wouldnt solve the problem, because without the Trailer the Jeep would be way to high in the back, and very jumpy due the over capacity of the springs.

Soe we are going for the Airlift 1000 suspencion add on air springs.
https://www.airliftcompany.com/shop/60777/

This will provide more lift when the Trailer is hooked up and if not, I can lower the air pressure and drive normally.

Sag and Sway will be less due this system.

So, I ordered it today and I really hope it will arrive before the 25th. If so, I can install it before the Kingsday weekend. And have a good test run.
If not, well I guess there will be plenty of other weekends to come for a good test run.

We will keep you informed about the ongoing proces of making a great Overland Rig of the Jeep.
It is already a great one, but when done, it will be a superb one.

Second on that, I am working on the Trailer to make a better weight distribution. So this will make the Trailer more nimble to tow.
Therefor I am working on moving the two batteries to a spot between the wheels.
Also I am starting to work on the roof rack and lifting of the Trailer. A kind of Body lift.
During this proces I will do weight management and figure out were I will put what.
One of the ideas is that I will put the two black Water tanks on top of the trailer, on the roof rack and that will provide us with warm water.
Then instead of the water tanks I think I will put the spare tyre under the trailer right between the wheels, maybe just a little behind them. This will help to keep the gravity point very low, and will level out the wieght in front of the wheels.

The roof rack will be devided in two parts, one really on top and one on the angled side in the front.
That will be the place to store the high lift and axe, and will be the place were I will mount the second solar panel.
This panel will be detachable so we can put it were ever we like.
This so we have more Watts and can stay in the shadow with the trailer and still have a panel in the sun.

So, actually before we are going to Bad Kissingen the trailer will be in mode 2.0 All Overland Ready.

More ground clearance
More autonomous
More water
More tools
Better weight distribution
Better handling

Better said, the best there is.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

After a while I just like to show you that with the new house came a very big Garden. That provides me with so much space to work.
And yes, we did some work to the Trailer and Jeep.

We lifted the Trailer.
We have new adjustable studs on it.
And those kind of little things, like a stronger solar panel regulator. Which means I can attache now the second solar panel with extended cable.
Great when the Trailer is in the shade.

Tot the Jeep we have now Escape Gear seat covers. Very happy with these.
And last weekend we had a failure in the lightbar. So, yes, we can repair it, but for now I bought the model, a single row lightbar, that I Always wanted to have o nthe Jeep.
So, it aint much all together, as the Trailer and Jeep are fairly perfect for us, but it is a start in the new place.

It came in a nice bag. Still in use.

The parts. Just the front seats, as the dog has its own cover.

A little adjustment I had to make. South Africa Jeeps dont have heated seats I guess, hehe.

Looking good.

With some pockets to store stuff.

The new lightbar

Still plenty of light.

The trailer was raised by Ard from Custom Offroad. A great mechanic that does a real good job.

lifting the body. As you can see, the body and chassis have just one cable that connects the winch with the batteries.

This is my chassis. you see the 40 liter of water tanks.

These squares will be fitted between body and chassis. They lift the body and as they are slightly larger, they will protect the body as well.

Difference is 3 cm more clearance. which is 2,7 cm more as needed. This is after a year of driving through Europe and Morocco.

So, this year we will be even better prepared for the road less traveled.

As I had some arguments about the Trauma and First Aid kit, which is presented by OB in the video's. I had to adjust my kits as well.
So, with the European situation in mind, and the help of my friend Olaf, who is a surgeon as well, (Urology, and when on duty, Trauma as well)
I took all my first aid kits and made a better one. More suited to our purposes.

And yes!!!! I think the video of OB made me think. So, thanks for that.
And yes, we dont have all the stuff. This is Europe.

a dutch military first aid backpack.

some military bandages for the real bloody wounds.

Little pouch for small wounds. finger tape for cuts and such.

Neck brace
And all the content we figured out and are able to use. And allowed to use here in Europe.
So, now we have a good first aid kit.
But it will be extended with cool packs, a first aid blanket, a normal blanket. and some stuff that two friends recommend as he is a Trauma Ambulance male nurse.

Well, that is it for today.

Greetings from Robert

Reactions: Jimmy P and MazeVX

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

A long time has past but now Iam again doing loads of stuff.
Like Raptorizing my Rig.
doorvaart 2 (2).jpgIMG_20191103_083404.jpgstart 5.jpg
And upgrading my Trailer
IMG_20190917_163333.jpgIMG_20190917_163333.jpgIMG_20190917_163353.jpgIMG_20190918_113605.jpg

And yes, the two colors of my new Treds 1100 are also two of the colors of the raptor on my Rig.

Reactions: MazeVX and Joey83

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Some times changes are just small and not beautiful, but needed. Like new rubber mats. They are easy to clean and durable. And now they are new, they look good as well.
I also started to dislike the spare wheel mount and jerrycan holders. So, I think that will be a good project for now in this situation.
Further some rubber hood lockers will be made on the hatches of the trailer, this will secure them better and keep water out when we go through deeper water.
All these little things will be done in the near future or has been done.

But for now, Iam already very happy with it.
Soon there will be more

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Small update, little work.
New Hood pins for the hatches, just to them more water tight and better closed.
Due the one lock hatches the sides were a bit open these days. So this works out fine.
IMG_20200403_173515.jpg
IMG_20200403_173525.jpg

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello,

Iam working on my Rig again.
This time Iam changing my old drawer system, that came out the Frontera. So it is already about 4 years old. And actually it is still sturdy and does its job. Bu, I am in need of something that is for the Jeep and will furfill my OCD.

So, here some pictures of the things Iam doing.

First the old situation.
Most important thing was to be able to get to my tools first, quick and easy.

20210223_134207.jpg
I started with the core of the new system.
Dedicated boxes
20210226_193042.jpg
Then ther has to be a box in the car.
20210228_164401.jpg
Trying to deal with mistakes and other ideas.
20210301_171456.jpg
It will work. I always work in an organic way. It comes with the flow.
20210301_171509 1.jpg
And the lowest opening will contain a slide out table/shelf
20210301_171604.jpg
And then of course we need some space to make coffee, sandwiches and such.
20210301_171529.jpg
So, I guess Iam more or less half way through. The rough right drawer is roughly finished, now working on the left drawer and then making the finishing touches.
Paint job after that and I hope it will be finished this saturday.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Again a little iupdate, just two pictures but a lot of work.
Second drawer is coming to an end, need to do just one box and surrounding.
Then I can start with all the details. If that is done, painting and finishing will be in order.

20210302_190550 1.jpg
20210302_190535 1.jpg
I hope it will be done tomorrow, then I have two to three days to finish it all.