Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Cool, I'll send you a message when I know when I will be arriving, it won't be until spring 2018 at the earliest as I have to save up money for a few months first.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

After some silence on this post, here some new stuff.
EFS suspencion (australian stuff) 2 inch lift

See the difference

Front as well
And new tyres. Cooper 245/75/16 Max S/T

much better now

And now a little bit of protection.
Simple rock sliders fase 1

And when fitted it looks very slick

Well, one side is now mounted, but the other one will be done this afternoon and then it is ready for the coming weekend.
Then I can check them out if they are ok.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Made a new bracket for the Jeep. So I can use the toughbook also when I am doing a solo tour.
So now I have two "tablets" during a trip. The Galaxy tab and the panasonic toughbook.
And the bracket provides "flexebility" to change easy from solo to co-pilot situations.

Co-pilot stand, needs a bit of adjustment, but will look like this.
And this is the solo position

When all finished it will look better and will be sturdy.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Today I was preparing some little things for the little project that Iam doing for reshaping the rear of the Jeep.
I took the jerrycans of the Frontera and will mount these on the rear of the jeep.
As I won't like to drill more holes in the car as needed (which doesnt mean I wont if needed) I thought of another solution to make this work.
So today I bought two strips of 5cm wide and 5mm strong and 130cm long.
They wont stay that long, but they will be on the back of the jeep holding two jerrycans left and right of the spare tyre.
The cap on the spare tyre will be off, actually is already of and that means that I can use the Wheel cover with bag we bought actually for the Frontera. Well, this will be a better place I think.
So, I did some measurement and some thinking and also some thinkering with an old license plate light.
Which should mean that tomorrow I should be able to make the whole bracket ready to roll.
There will be a little rear view camera in it as well and also some nice LED license plate light. All, but the camera, stuff I had lying around. So, this will be a fairly cheap project.
With some luck I will have it ready tomorrow and will I be able to buy a new license plate that will fit better on the back in the new setting.

one of the jerrycan holders needs some welding. But that is just a minor detail.
All done by tomorrow I guess.

Reactions: Joey83

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Can't wait to check out the Jeep and trailer when I arrive in a couple weeks, will bring my little camera with me.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Worked on the bracket for the jerrycans today, wasnt as easy as thought and lucky me I had some extra metal to use. So, done what I could do today and will work more tomorrow. With some luck I can finish it tomorrow, including the license plate holder and a new license plate.

And so it should look, but, it aint done yet. Need to have it a little bit less flex.

Tomorrow more.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

And it is done. Looks good as far as I can judge about it.

So up to the next little project

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

As the last Project has been done, the new one is coming up.
It is called a Detours Backbone Bracket for the winch on the Jeep.
So, after a long search for a descent mount I came across this company/One man company.
Called Detours Off Road Hardware in Corinna Main USA.
After some chats we both decided that due duties, taxes and postage, the mount as it was would be way to expensive in the end to make me happy.
pakket.png
So, I have ordered several inserts, here marked in red. Which can be packed fairly simple. And the Grey part I will make myself by the means Mark will provide me.
This means I can make the mount for a good price which wont overexceed the prices here in the Netherlands.
So, instead of just being a company, Mark is a guy who helps you out. And that is something I really like about a person/company.

Well, as soon as the parts arrive, I can start building it, which with the means I will have should be a day or two work.
And well, that is great.
When done it will look a bit like this
25353704_878211115679837_7495170065278158198_n.jpg
I think that looks not bad at all.
I must say he is a good craftsman, when you look at this what he made for a Toyota.
Smart little thing I think
26938246_893065477527734_792270878_o.jpg
26981705_893052970862318_811797435_o.jpg
26909938_893053174195631_190134220_o.jpg

So, again, very jealous by your system of hitches. We dont have them here that way. Which really sucks. So I am very jealous about these kind of solutions. So smart.

Well keep you informed about the progress of this project again.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

They are not tested and doesnt have a certificate, so I cant use them to tow my trailer.
Think I have to go and have a good research one on that.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Two little things;
Old rope: made two cords for the sandladders out of it. Easy to get them out of the mud.
WP_20180119_15_09_41_Pro.jpg
Old trackball mount and angle plate: Makes a new Trackball Mount for the Jeep. If it works nice on sunday, will make it nicer.
WP_20180119_15_23_08_Pro.jpg

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

And it is on, a new project.
Winch mount Detours Off Road Hardware with a Dragonriders touch.
So here are the inserts, bolts and nuts and everything I need to make the mount.
The plate itself will be made by me.
I have the drawings for that, but will use them only as a reverence, as I will make that my own design.
I only use it to make it like Detours would have made it himself.
From now on, I will refer to Detours as Mark. He is the man.

And then I started to center punch the places for the holes.

After that I started on drawing the botom winch plate.

Tomorrow I will start cutting, drilling holes and more.
And as I look at the picture I see a little mistake, which I will change right on.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

And today I did again some little things to it.
Drilled al the holes in the frontplate

here to the side you see the inserts that Mark made

Made a start with the winch fairlead.

And I cut the mount plate and drilled the holes to bolt down the winch

So tomorrow we go on with all kind of little things that is needed.