ROAM 1

• HTML tutorial

pyrotyro

Rank III

Advocate II

coloRADo
I like the rear stabilizers. What the height from the ground to the bottom of your frame. I was going to do something like that, but was afraid the stands wouldn't be long enough.
28” The adjustable legs turned out nicely, should help to level it on uneven terrain.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
ERR MEHH GRRD!!! This trailer is beautiful, however being from Oklahoma I can't help but notice your bottle opener is mounted upside down. Other than that it is exactly what I aspire to have for myself at some point.

pyrotyro

Rank III

Advocate II

coloRADo
What kind of solar set up did you use?
Synthesis is the brand name. 30w, was like 45$ and then a 15$ amazon controller hooked up to a donated old deep cycle. Works nicely, but we have a pretty low demand on the system.

ERR MEHH GRRD!!! This trailer is beautiful, however being from Oklahoma I can't help but notice your bottle opener is mounted upside down. Other than that it is exactly what I aspire to have for myself at some point.
Thank you!

So do you guys drink your beer upside down??

Got some sick photos of the setup at San Lorenzo canyon

GPTempDownload.jpg

GPTempDownload.jpg

IMG_5747.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: MazeVX

pyrotyro

Rank III

Advocate II

coloRADo
Got a few more camp photos

And we had our first rain storm. A day and a half worth lol, I thought we were in the desert?

Awning works well. Tent had been mostly dry. The mattress touches the wall of the tent in a few places where it’s not covered by the fly (or the rain hits at an angle) and got a little wet, not the end of the world though.

Here is the trip report if anybody’s interested

Roaming around the desert https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/index.php?threads/Roaming-around-the-desert.12860/

Reactions: Bueller and yak51

RSBIKIN

Rank 0

Traveler I

Got a few more camp photos

And we had our first rain storm. A day and a half worth lol, I thought we were in the desert?

Awning works well. Tent had been mostly dry. The mattress touches the wall of the tent in a few places where it’s not covered by the fly (or the rain hits at an angle) and got a little wet, not the end of the world though.

Here is the trip report if anybody’s interested

Roaming around the desert https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/index.php?threads/Roaming-around-the-desert.12860/

Wow. Looks like you are doing well. And you are up to over 1400 views on your thread.

Reactions: pyrotyro

pyrotyro

Rank III

Advocate II

coloRADo
Absolutely awesome build love that you built it yourself hats off to you !!
Thank you very much!

Nicely done. It looks like a fun project. Hope the shake down run goes good for you.
Thanks! Using it has been very rewarding and it’s going pretty well!

That's a great looking trailer! Mind sharing how many hours and total budget it took to complete?
Thanks! Didn’t keep great track of hours but it took about a month straight of me working with more then a few days from my dad and fiancé. Don’t have the numbers in front of me, but it’s probably pushing 2k and about half of that is metal alone. And that’s reusing wheels, tires, rtt and battery

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

What changed would you add, or subtract. I'm on the slower side of my build, but it's coming along.

Overland California

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

San Jose, California
Member #

Thanks! Didn’t keep great track of hours but it took about a month straight of me working with more then a few days from my dad and fiancé. Don’t have the numbers in front of me, but it’s probably pushing 2k and about half of that is metal alone. And that’s reusing wheels, tires, rtt and battery
Thanks! That's good baseline information to have.

pyrotyro

Rank III

Advocate II

coloRADo
What changed would you add, or subtract. I'm on the slower side of my build, but it's coming along.
Slower is better, it lets you be more thorough and thoughtful on the small stuff. I wish I had more time to work through some of my little details that popped up on me and I just blasted through to meet my deadline.

The most common complaints I’m finding myself wish I would have spent more time on is regarding day to day packing and unpacking. The kitchen slide out is great, could be more optimized with another drawer, but it’s close. The rear area however is a lot of unloading and reloading. We have a huge 70q ice chest and we’re using 7 gallon water jugs. A slide out refrigerator/ ice chest would be awesome as well as an onboard water tank. Just those two things would simplify a lot of moving stuff.

Other than that, everything is pretty good. Paint and bed liner haven’t held up perfectly, as to be expected. I guess you get what you pay for with paint.