Advocate II

Foley, Alabama 36535, United States
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Kindley
Member #

Sunset along US-50 near Delta, Utah.

Great photo Tim. A nostalgic feeling with that Old VDub. Beautiful light. And the time of day. Late, light is almost gone, the day is done and it's time for a break. That image tells such a story. I'm tired, it's late, and there is still miles before I get home.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Reactions: Nick Malette

slowlane

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Wisconsin USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Bender
Great photo Tim. A nostalgic feeling with that Old VDub. Beautiful light. And the time of day. Late, light is almost gone, the day is done and it's time for a break. That image tells such a story. I'm tired, it's late, and there is still miles before I get home.
Thanks for the compliments and you're spot on with your assessment of the situation. I had left California in the dark that morning and didn't reach Delta, UT until after dark. That was the first day of the four-day 2000-mile trip home to Wisconsin.

Reactions: LanceK and Bengt N

slowlane

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Wisconsin USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Bender
I was looking through some older pictures and found this one. I don't have this truck anymore, but I liked the picture. 1985 Chevrolet C20. I put a cap on the bed and built a sleeping platform for a 2 month trip out west. A couple weeks before leaving, it developed a knock in cylinder 1 so I took my VW instead. I drove the truck locally for another year and 10k miles with the knock until the oil pressure got so bad when warmed up on 20w50, it would idle at 0 psi and get just over 20 psi on the highway. That tired 350 refused to die and still ran when I sold it. Only 2wd but with the locking differential it could get through a lot.

Last edited: