Traveler III

Taupo, Waikato, New Zealand
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Goodman
Member #

suzuki rm125a 080_Original.jpeg

My last Suzuki Jimny overland I built over 20 years ago.
Yes there is a bed/drawer system in the this small 4x4 and instead of an awning are used a golf umbrella that would go across the roof of the back of the Jimny and the door for cooking when it was raining.
Now I'm building up a lighter and far more capable Overland 2022 Suzuki Jimny for future offroad adventures down under in New Zealand

Overland Adventure NZ

Rank III

Traveler III

Taupo, Waikato, New Zealand
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Goodman
Member #

A backroad near Palmyra, Wisconsin

I love that you also drive a small adventure vehicle.

Back in the late 1980’s I discovered when driving my 1972 VW Kombi I had to slow down and slowly drive through river crossing!

After crossing a river and my windscreen steamed up!

slowlane

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Wisconsin USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Bender
I love that you also drive a small adventure vehicle.

Back in the late 1980’s I discovered when driving my 1972 VW Kombi I had to slow down and slowly drive through river crossing!

After crossing a river and my windscreen steamed up!
I once drove the VW through a flooded section of road in the Connecticut River valley in early spring. It was still cold enough that the water splashed up on the windshield and flash-froze instantly so I couldn't see. I had to pull over to scrape the ice off the windshield. As I was scraping, a police officer that had been hiding in the shadow of some trees nearby pulled up with his lights flashing and gave me a warning for driving though the flood.