Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

View attachment 107053

somewhere on Stillwater Pass, CO. new rack and fly rod vault held up to the washboards well
I absolutely love the Disco's. It's a shame they have bastardized the new generation. Discovery's like yours is the legacy they should still be following. I definitely hope to pick one of these up one day. It's a sharp looking rig that looks ready to conquer the planet.

Reactions: denverdisco2

denverdisco2

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO
First Name
Will
Last Name
Howard
I absolutely love the Disco's. It's a shame they have bastardized the new generation. Discovery's like yours is the legacy they should still be following. I definitely hope to pick one of these up one day. It's a sharp looking rig that looks ready to conquer the planet.
Thanks! For the money you can't beat them, anything 20 years old will need some love but considering you can find a well built one with close to 100k miles for $4-6k I'll take the weak motor vs double or triple the cost for a stock LC with 200k+ miles. It's a shame that the only solid front axle vehicle options these days are Jeeps (not that there is anything wrong with them) as even with the Gladiator they don't fit my needs very well.

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Thanks! For the money you can't beat them, anything 20 years old will need some love but considering you can find a well built one with close to 100k miles for $4-6k I'll take the weak motor vs double or triple the cost for a stock LC with 200k+ miles. It's a shame that the only solid front axle vehicle options these days are Jeeps (not that there is anything wrong with them) as even with the Gladiator they don't fit my needs very well.
I’m going to be more Jeep-receptive when they finally offer them w/ an engine option over the Pentastar 3.6 V6. It always feels too asthmatic IMO. Since they dropped the 4.0L I-6 back in 2001 I’ve been waiting & waiting for a better power plant. They have been promising the 3.0L diesel for years & haven’t delivered. The most recent article I read said that when it does arrive it will be an “Eco-Diesel” with start/stop features.

denverdisco2

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO
First Name
Will
Last Name
Howard
I’m going to be more Jeep-receptive when they finally offer them w/ an engine option over the Pentastar 3.6 V6. It always feels too asthmatic IMO. Since they dropped the 4.0L I-6 back in 2001 I’ve been waiting & waiting for a better power plant. They have been promising the 3.0L diesel for years & haven’t delivered. The most recent article I read said that when it does arrive it will be an “Eco-Diesel” with start/stop features.
Agreed, they just don't solve the space requirements for me. The gladiator has the space but still has a longer wheel base and a huge price tag. Certainly impressive as dedicated wheeling rigs.

yj4roks

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fallbrook, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Chase
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6FWD