First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

TheWhalen

Rank 0

Traveler I

Dude... that thing is AMAZING!!!! Most of the Raptors I see around here are parking lot princesses - but your rig... that is what it was made for. Also, your photography skills are on point. I would not even know where to begin to take a photo that could ever compare with these. I applaud you, sir!
Thank you, I Know a lot of pavement princesses exist, but I knew I wanted a Raptor and to use it for what it was built for. It rides comfortable on the highway and is an absolute beast off road. Best and most capable vehicle I've owned. Aside from the overland gear set up it's mostly stock and is very capable. As for the photos I've been doing photography for 22 years. Nice to have a fun shinny subject to shoot!

Reactions: Sasquatch SC

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Thank you, I Know a lot of pavement princesses exist, but I knew I wanted a Raptor and to use it for what it was built for. It rides comfortable on the highway and is an absolute beast off road. Best and most capable vehicle I've owned. Aside from the overland gear set up it's mostly stock and is very capable. As for the photos I've been doing photography for 22 years. Nice to have a fun shinny subject to shoot!
You're definitely very good. Mechanically there isn't much that can be improved on with the Raptor. That's why it hurts me to see so many people never take them to their natural habitat. You are making up for a lot of those beastly machines not being used to their full potential. Happy trails brother.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

You're definitely very good. Mechanically there isn't much that can be improved on with the Raptor. That's why it hurts me to see so many people never take them to their natural habitat. You are making up for a lot of those beastly machines not being used to their full potential. Happy trails brother.
I am happy to see the Raptor getting used properly as well :) I have built mine for Overlanding as well and am so impressed with its capabilities! IMG_7202.JPG

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

I am happy to see the Raptor getting used properly as well :) I have built mine for Overlanding as well and am so impressed with its capabilities! View attachment 105554
Equally as bad ass. I went for a vehicle build that nobody would expect coming. Not a term for it, but the sleeper equivalent of off-roader? Going for that is what swayed my decision to do a Subaru. Before I got my car I gave serious consideration to a Colorado ZR2 Bison with the diesel option. The dealer is pretty much what made the difference for me - the Chevy dealer kept trying to sell me something I didn't want because they didn't want to have to order anything. It was like beating my head against the wall with them. I'm particular about my vehicles and it seemed like they didn't want to sell me what I wanted. The Subaru dealer didn't have the exact model and configurations I wanted either - but they were more than happy to take a deposit and factory order it for me.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Equally as bad ass. I went for a vehicle build that nobody would expect coming. Not a term for it, but the sleeper equivalent of off-roader? Going for that is what swayed my decision to do a Subaru. Before I got my car I gave serious consideration to a Colorado ZR2 Bison with the diesel option. The dealer is pretty much what made the difference for me - the Chevy dealer kept trying to sell me something I didn't want because they didn't want to have to order anything. It was like beating my head against the wall with them. I'm particular about my vehicles and it seemed like they didn't want to sell me what I wanted. The Subaru dealer didn't have the exact model and configurations I wanted either - but they were more than happy to take a deposit and factory order it for me.
I am impressed with the Subaru’s. One of my buddies has one and I am regularly surprised with its capabilities. So many cool options for them too!

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

IMG_0796.JPG

IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0797.JPG

I took my roof basket off last week so I could tidy up some of the wires that connect to the lights installed on it. It has looked weird since then after I grew so used to seeing it. I did install yellow protection film over the factory fog lights & the Hellas. Then I replaced the solid black Hella rock shields w/ some grated ones. I’ll have some better shots after this weekend when I have everything back where it belongs & it will be out in its natural environment.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

View attachment 105574

View attachment 105575

View attachment 105576

View attachment 105577

I took my roof basket off last week so I could tidy up some of the wires that connect to the lights installed on it. It has looked weird since then after I grew so used to seeing it. I did install yellow protection film over the factory fog lights & the Hellas. Then I replaced the solid black Hella rock shields w/ some grated ones. I’ll have some better shots after this weekend when I have everything back where it belongs & it will be out in its natural environment.
That is a sweet ride!

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

They are all built out. They couldn't order it. They wanted to sell you something else.

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

They are all built out. They couldn't order it. They wanted to sell you something else.
I’m happy w/ my purchase, but that that solidified my reasoning on not going with the Chevy. Dealership was just stuck up their own ass & downright lazy. I told them that I was only interested in what I was telling them & I could have them a $20k cashiers check as soon as they put the paperwork together and I had pre-approval from my credit union to finance whatever I wanted up to $80k in addition to the $20k I was leaving using my down payment. Granted, I was going to buy a $100k car - but the fact that I could have w/o a problem should have made them at least put forward an effort. Oh well... that is current behind the keel now... I’ve got my new car & don’t plan on changing for a while... unless the new LR Defender actually turns out to be a beast anyway...

Reactions: Baipin

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

I just re-read this - When I was trying to order it was before any had been built out. It was right after they confirmed they would be made available to dealers on order. Even if they had all been built out, they can usually still get an unsold one from another dealer - these people didn't want to do anything. Doesn't matter though. In the past.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV