citybiker

Rank 0

Contributor II

UK
First Name
C
Last Name
C
Picture of the rig and it packed for the trip, As the Ol'Lady and I live in an apartment we have to be able to get everything in and out and stor it in the apartment.
So Oh yea we don't have a slimline roof rack at the moment so its all about living in the LR4

View attachment 81339 View attachment 81340 View attachment 81341 View attachment 81342 View attachment 81343 View attachment 81345 View attachment 81346 View attachment 81347
How do you find living in your LR4?

Is someone up to 6'2" able to?

citybiker

Rank 0

Contributor II

UK
First Name
C
Last Name
C
I’m 6”3’ and by folding the rear seats forward the air mattress works well, head at tailgate end. All the boxes and toilet go into the annex I made from tarp. Once I can afford a proper annex it will replace the tarp
Ok, so in summary with a LR4 commercial there shouldn't be an issue.

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

Ok, so in summary with a LR4 commercial there shouldn't be an issue.
With the seats packed flat I have no issues in my stock LR4 as long as you do the following.
1. Move the driver and passengers seat forward
2. Have the 2nd row seat flat. This will mean you can not have anything in the 2nd Seat footwell
3 nothing under the second Seats
4 nothing in your back compartment
5 a thick air mattress

A 6ft5 could then fit

But you must anger from the Side doors not the back as there is no emergency unlock to open the hatch

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

How do you find living in your LR4?

Is someone up to 6'2" able to?
I thought I replied to this. Sorry for the delay.

I need a roof rack (slim line) but yes if you push the drivers seats forward, drop the 2nd row down and use a thick air mattress. A 6”5’ could just fit.
You need to decide if you want your head at the back or front. Once the tailgate is closed you can only open it from the outside

Reactions: citybiker

Derbydude

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Santa Rosa ca 95404
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Vargas
Member #

Northern California, just north of the Avenue of Giants, on the Eel River. Nearby I walked The Founders Grove with a tree 35 stories tall. WowView attachment 80334View attachment 80335View attachment 80336View attachment 80337

I also had breakfast with a male and female Elk at Usal Beach and ran into @Derbydude and his family. Nice 4Runner!View attachment 80339
Hey papa Dave,
Good to see another member out exploring the north coast, had a great time talking with you. Hope your trip went well and hope to run into you again soon!
Derbydude OB 8676

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey papa Dave,
Good to see another member out exploring the north coast, had a great time talking with you. Hope your trip went well and hope to run into you again soon!
Derbydude OB 8676
It was good to see you and your family too! My GF and I will be back up there in 2 weeks so she can see it. So amazingly beautiful!

Reactions: Magic Mike