Rig Photos

• HTML tutorial

Mark-00255

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Olympia, Washington
Member #

Did some off reading today. Beautiful climb to two different tops.
“Be Dareful Out-there”

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Hey there - I’m in Oly and get up near Mt. Rainier often, but am somewhat new to anything other than Forest Service roads. Can I ask where you went? Where is this shot taken?
Thanks!

Clang

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Denver, CO
Member #

Spring project just about complete. 1998 TJ

Maiden voyage in the Rockies

The Build
  • Ford 8.8 31 spline, disk rear diff with Yukon Ultimate axles and ARB air locker
  • Super 30 build Dana front diff with Alloy USA axles and ARB air locker
  • Tom Wood’s Driveshafts front and back
  • Yukon 4:56 gears
  • Heavy Duty U-joints
  • 3.5” TerraFlex Lift
  • Sway Bar Quick Disconnects
  • Five 35” Nitto Trail Grappler tires on 17” 2012 Rubicon Rims
  • Warn front bumper and Bullydog 9500 lb winch
  • Heavy Duty rear bumper and swing away tire carrier and Jerry Can holder with Can
  • Wilderness rack
  • Bestop Sunrider Frameless soft top, Hard top, full and half doors etc., etc.

Rick A.

Rank 0

Contributor I

I like it. She's been a good choice despite my dislike for the parking lights (they make it look Chinese)... anyway...we have the 2016 Mango Tango Trailhawk with towing package and moon/sun roof. Last one on the lot, couldn't be picky. We researched a little, not as much as we did when we bought the Cadillac SRX, but my husband has a Jeep Wrangler 4door and he's all about the Jeep. Ironically, he tried to get me into one of these or the Grand Cherokee when we ended up buying the Cadillac. I turned the Jeep down back then because of those Chinese lights - I thought they were the headlights. The Mango Tango (Orange) color grabbed me this time and I decided that I would be driving it so I wouldn't see the Chinese lights. She's peppy. We took it off road and it was impressive. If we had rails on it, which we are working on, and maybe better tires it would have probably been even better. It's NOT a family vehicle - there are 4 of us, but the teens drive so they rarely go with us anyway (we take Cadillac for family trips). It's quiet and rides like a dream...almost like you are on a cloud. Tank is not very big so it feels like you go through the gas. I drive to/from work; getting about 15mpg in town. I like the factory tires, they look good and grip good - many don't like them. There's not a lot of optional items for it YET, but it's getting there. As with any vehicle, there are lemons, we are lucky not to have a lemon.

Good luck in the car hunt...of course, I recommend the Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.
I just got a 2019 Trailhawk minus the squinty lights, Mine isn't Mango Tango but kick you in the ***** red.... ;) I mean its REALLY red!!! I Don't have 500 miles on mine yet in over 2 weeks of owning it. When I can post a bigger pic I will. Also I am guessing this isn't Jeep enough for most Wrangler/Jeep owners as with the other 7 Jeeps I've had before this one, when you pass another Jeep owner on the road and wave they would wave back. This one hasn't got one wave back. I just hope it's as good off-road as it is BRIGHT Red!

Reactions: Aussie571

genera_lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno/Tahoe Area
First Name
Trip
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GPV
What's your emblem on the grill?
It's kind of known as the "TEQ" logo. If you search toyota teq logo you can read about it.

It was the toyota logo from 1927 until the 80s. Without giving you a short lesson in Japanese, the 3 symbols represent a Japanese phonetic characters split up as "to-yo-ta".

Very JDM. I like.

I have a teq oil filler cap on my toyota pickup, and my license plate has TEQ incorporated into it.