Launch Member

Traveler I

South Carolina
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Still
Member #

Great setup! I am currently looking for a drawer setup for my 2014 Rubi and love the look of yours. Did you design this or was it a preplan that you used as a basis? Thanks for any guidance, stay safe!!

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Thanks! My landscape photography hobby is what got me into building a vehicle to go even further out. I love it so far.
Well then....you must share your settings you used so other adventurous Overlanders can attempt a shot with their rigs .......please sir.... :sunglasses::yum::sunglasses::yum::yum::yum: at what time did you shoot?

Rico Larroque

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Anaheim, ca
Member #

Well then....you must share your settings you used so other adventurous Overlanders can attempt a shot with their rigs .......please sir.... :sunglasses::yum::sunglasses::yum::yum::yum: at what time did you shoot?
I totally can and will! I’m actually out camping at the moment to take some Milky Way photos. I’ll do a brief “how to” when I get back in front of my laptop.

Rico Larroque

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Anaheim, ca
Member #

Alrighty, so I'm back in front of my laptop and as promised a little "how to" on night photography. And a quick photo edit from this weekend's trips is below as well. As for the photo, it all depends on what lens and camera you're using. The wider the aperture the better. Ideally you want to sit at 1.8 or 1.4, but a 2.8 aperture works just fine. I have even done some at 3.2. After that you want to set your ISO somewhere between 2000-6400. Then you want to setup on a tripod and expose your image anywhere between 15-27 seconds. So you'll need a tripod and an intervalometer to get exact exposure times if your camera doesn't allow it. The most important part is your lens and tripod, you won't be able to do the shot hand held. Let me know if you have any questions I'll be more than happy to help!

Oh and as to what time to shoot, it depends, you want to go on a night when the moon sets really early or isn't visible at all. The Milky Way will be up by the horizon around 3am -4am in the spring and as it gets later into the year it shows up earlier. I use an app called PhotoPills to track it.