Investor

Enthusiast II

San Jose, Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Pauley
Member #

Looks like you drove til it was time to stop and just stopped in your tracks. :) I like how your tracks add to that picture.

What was it like camping on the flats open like that? How far into the flats were you? I've not driven on them beyond just a little bit off the highway to see what it was like one trip, any traction issues? Surprised you made that much of a track.
Actually it wasn't too bad driving out there. You are not allowed to camp on the salt flats itself but just prior to it, there is the mud flats. You can camp on the Mud flats . There is so much salt that only the top couple inches in dry weather crack. Good grip. We went in August. Wasn't hot at all. And then I did my 90 miles an hour on the salt flats. They were having a rocket launch stuff the week I was there. The following week, was the Speed record races. It took $10 in coins to wash off my undercarriage.

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Actually it wasn't too bad driving out there. You are not allowed to camp on the salt flats itself but just prior to it, there is the mud flats. You can camp on the Mud flats . There is so much salt that only the top couple inches in dry weather crack. Good grip. We went in August. Wasn't hot at all. And then I did my 90 miles an hour on the salt flats. They were having a rocket launch stuff the week I was there. The following week, was the Speed record races. It took $10 in coins to wash off my undercarriage.
Haha - I hadn't even thought about that part of it. Wow, salt got everywhere I bet. Interesting about the salt versus the mud. Didn't know about those differences. Seems like it would be an interesting and different place to camp.

Megadoomer

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

N32°55'31.94",W117°05'20.21"
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Rossi
Member #

This is from the Pig Party 2017 in San Juan mountains of Colorado.

Attachments

Anthony Seger

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Sunnyvale, CA, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Seger
Member #

FJ posed.jpg
Smuurff.jpg

Hollister Group Photo.jpg
Group photo from the De Anza Auto Tech hollister trip. The Jeep in the water is the school car that students get to drive if they work on it. It likes to catch fire!!!

Wheel Everywhere.jpg
ABC...Always Be Crawling

FJ night.jpg
Last but not least, my favorite photo of the Smurf. My friend took this photo when we stopped to pee during a trip to the Pike Peak International Hillclimb race last year.