Rig Photos

• HTML tutorial

Oliver_Closov

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Santa Clarita, CA
Member #

Yup. It's pretty easy. The hardest part is probably the last 50 yards of road that lead up to the section of the mine you can drive in. Gets pretty rocky and could be hard to do without 4WD.
No easy access for you from the west side. Do you cross Tioga or 58 to get over there? If you have a secret midway pass I'd love to hear about it.

HighSierraOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fresno, CA
Member #

No easy access for you from the west side. Do you cross Tioga or 58 to get over there? If you have a secret midway pass I'd love to hear about it.
It was a multi-day trip, and I honestly didn't learn about the mine until the last day after I had been off-roading in Nevada on the border of California. The inspector for the border crossing had talked with me about some trails and mentioned it. I usually take Tioga as it's closest for me and the areas I want to be in.

I have taken Sherman Pass, but found that to be pointless as to where it put me out at, and the lack of scenery I was hoping to have going that route.

cbechtold

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasanton, CA
Member #

What was the condition of the trail? I know that originally the forest service said they weren't going to open it this year. Then they opened it and Deer Valley just recently.

Sent from my SM-G900V using OB Talk mobile app
Trail is pretty easy right now if I'm honest. Truck was able to walk through everything and I only needed to get spotted at staircase and a section of rocks where it was a tight squeeze. Rocks are scatters around pretty nicely compared to last year as well.

Reactions: Garlic Overlander

Garlic Overlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Gilroy, CA
First Name
Jarad
Last Name
Derosa
Member #

Trail is pretty easy right now if I'm honest. Truck was able to walk through everything and I only needed to get spotted at staircase and a section of rocks where it was a tight squeeze. Rocks are scatters around pretty nicely compared to last year as well.
I'm really short wheel base and locked front and rear, but when I ran it last year there was only 1 spot that you had to deal with some big rocks in the middle of the trail that made it a little interesting. It is a beautiful trail though. Thanks for the Intel. Great looking Taco.

Sent from my SM-G900V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: cbechtold