First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
Thanks
I have been wanting to get one just have a hard time cracking open the wallet.
I watched Craigslist for about 6 months until one popped up. It was very good condition and I got it for $400. Passed it along after that for the same.

Oliver_Closov

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Santa Clarita, CA
Member #

It's here in California. It's between Lone Pine and Independence. Basically a few miles North of Mt. Whitney. It's called Reward, CA, but Manzanar might be more familiar if you know the area. The road to it starts directly across from the WWII internment camp. Reward Mine.
No kidding? I'm gonna have to hit that up next time I'm up there. Thanks.

Garlic Overlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Gilroy, CA
First Name
Jarad
Last Name
Derosa
Member #

IMG_5129.JPG This is from my first ever trip on the Rubicon. This was taken after the little sluice box and buck island lake. This was taken 1o years ago. You can tell the suspension is all new and upgraded. At this time Jolly, (aka Jolly Green Giant) was on 33's. She now runs the same tire but increased to a 35.

Garlic Overlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Gilroy, CA
First Name
Jarad
Last Name
Derosa
Member #

Great photos of a fantastic looking vehicle.
Am I correct that Dusy Ershim is not Full Size Rig friendly?
I think the key word is friendly. It is doable in larger rigs but I would not recommend it if you like your body work. The trail is very long and very narrow (trees) through out a lot of the trail. If you want to go in with a full size, I would suggest you go in from the north side at Kaiser Pass. From this side you could do about 1/3 of the trail and still have a great experience. If I remember correctly Lakecamp Lake has great camping.

Sent from my SM-G900V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Oliver_Closov

Oliver_Closov

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Santa Clarita, CA
Member #

I think the key word is friendly. It is doable in larger rigs but I would not recommend it if you like your body work. The trail is very long and very narrow (trees) through out a lot of the trail. If you want to go in with a full size, I would suggest you go in from the north side at Kaiser Pass. From this side you could do about 1/3 of the trail and still have a great experience. If I remember correctly Lakecamp Lake has great camping.

Sent from my SM-G900V using OB Talk mobile app
Good intel. Thanks.