Rig Photos

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Sadly that isn’t all of it either. I’ve got an 04 Tahoe. The daily driver.41DFB57B-6C87-40E7-904F-F7254C4193F6.jpeg
71 bronco - needs a new tub bad. Lots of cancer.
A3CE5AEA-B85D-4481-953E-2A0EAF9F6074.jpeg
79 bronco - runs decent for having a boat anchor of an engine, original 400m, but it’s starting to lose oil pressure. I’ve got a new engine and trans ready for it. Just hoping to clear some garage space before it goes.
A47134CE-2AD5-4515-A18C-1B1F7628F566.jpeg

Lanlubber

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Sadly that isn’t all of it either. I’ve got an 04 Tahoe. The daily driver.View attachment 188341
71 bronco - needs a new tub bad. Lots of cancer.
View attachment 188342
79 bronco - runs decent for having a boat anchor of an engine, original 400m, but it’s starting to lose oil pressure. I’ve got a new engine and trans ready for it. Just hoping to clear some garage space before it goes.
View attachment 188343
So you saved the best for last I see. At least there are plenty of parts available for the Broncos.

Reactions: Trailbuilt Offroad

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

So you saved the best for last I see. At least there are plenty of parts available for the Broncos.
The 71 is kind of a long term restoration project still in the planning stages. I’ve got an idea in my head of how I want it. But very far from execution of any of it. For the 79 - There is an early 12 valve and nv4500 sitting in my shop waiting for the 400m to give up completely. I’ve got the adapters for the transfer case. Need to get a little shop space and some of the wife’s projects done first. Just got a new house and shop on 10 acres of bare dirt and sagebrush. I have a lot of work coming up as soon as the weather warms up.

Lanlubber

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham Callsign
The 71 is kind of a long term restoration project still in the planning stages. I’ve got an idea in my head of how I want it. But very far from execution of any of it. For the 79 - There is an early 12 valve and nv4500 sitting in my shop waiting for the 400m to give up completely. I’ve got the adapters for the transfer case. Need to get a little shop space and some of the wife’s projects done first. Just got a new house and shop on 10 acres of bare dirt and sagebrush. I have a lot of work coming up as soon as the weather warms up.
I hear ya. Gotta keep momma happy. You have a lot to look forward to it looks like. Keep us informed on your projects.

Lanlubber

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham Callsign
I'm still working on getting it all together AND here she is at this stage. I was forced to go to the cargo trailer because of recent physical disabilities. I should be on the road by mid spring (I hope).
No more storage space problems. LOL

Attachments

surfnturf

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Kings Mountain, CA, USA
Member #

I'm retiring the old bronco to weekend cruiser and surf rig... Jeep will be the trail overland rig. I was able to source the hardtop, and doors off of my very first Jeep from 36 years ago and had everything painted to match.

This is a very well built reliable Jeep with the venerable 4.2 liter inline 6 converted to fuel injection backed by a Truck t-18 Granny Low 4speed, Teralow 4:1 transfercase, custom built dana 44's with ARB/Lockers and 35" Mud Terrains. I'll be taking this to Mazourka Canyon/Pappoose Flats in a few weeks!20210221_153627 (1).jpg

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

I'm retiring the old bronco to weekend cruiser and surf rig... Jeep will be the trail overland rig. I was able to source the hardtop, and doors off of my very first Jeep from 36 years ago and had everything painted to match.

This is a very well built reliable Jeep with the venerable 4.2 liter inline 6 converted to fuel injection backed by a Truck t-18 Granny Low 4speed, Teralow 4:1 transfercase, custom built dana 44's with ARB/Lockers and 35" Mud Terrains. I'll be taking this to Mazourka Canyon/Pappoose Flats in a few weeks!View attachment 188923
I love the jeep. Very clean. But I want to see the old bronco too.