Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

View attachment 147241
This past weekend. First photo is otay mountain truck trail, the rest are from a day trip to anza-borrego. Finally did a long awaited coilover conversion from Atomic Fab and Performance. This weekend was the test run and it’s a night and day difference over the factory torsion bar setup. If anybody has a gmt800, I’d highly recommend the swap.

Nice! Did the same Atomic swap 2 years ago on a 2001 Tahoe. Love it. Only difference is I oriented the shocks 180 degrees to what you did. I see your way has more clearance, I rub on the first bolt on the top left. Curious what your settings are, it is likely we have the same shock and spring. I use: Compression 6, Rebound 11 for daily, or backed off to compression 4, rebound 8 for long stretches of washboard. But anything on the compression below 6 I do bottom out a little more than I like with full load out.

Selectivelynoncompliant

Rank III

Enthusiast III

KS, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Harrod
Member #

90042ECA-D33D-4D68-A7EA-00D871215346.jpeg
My number 2 rig is a 1986 Toyota regular cab 4x4 base (Craptor AKA The Toyletta ) with the indestructible 22R and 5 speed. This is also a daily driver to keep miles off the Raptor and on shorter trips I make solo. Plans are either a sottopper or a bed rack so I can use a RTT on either truck.

Last edited:

Cory B

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cullman
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Britton
Member #

View attachment 179205
My number 2 rig is a 1986 Toyota regular cab 4x4 base with the indestructible 22R and 5 speed. This is also a daily driver to keep miles off the Raptor and on shorter trips I make solo. Plans are either a sottopper or a bed rack so I can use a RTT on either truck.
I had an 86 like that. My grandfather bought it new then I had it for a while until my dad bought it back. I miss that truck

Attachments

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Here's my 5 year 1980 CJ5 Resto with a rebuilt AMC 360. This project has taken on a life of it's own with some new plans for 2021 and 2022. With 3 large dogs I will only take her out on Solo camping trips towing a Scout Trailer. My Ram is in the first year of mods; I just installed a ProComp 2.5 leveling kit, Power Stop Z36 front and rear, and slapped on a new set of ProComp A/Ts (Last Pic), with the rest of year 1 mods ordered or stored away in the garage I'm waiting for spring. (Softopper, Prinsu Rack, Decked, Vice Designs Winch Mount, Smittybilt 12k Winch and more) Now with 3 pups the Ram will be primary rig. Prior to me picking up the ram in 2018 my toss the pups and go rig was a 2013 Ford Edge with a Rhino Rack and Hitch Bike Rack.

Attachments