Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Cool Weather Basecamp Experiment with two sidewalls from Bundutec USA and four FPG Thermashield Field Blankets (two TS-11B and two Gen Purpose) from Force Protector Gear.

After setting up a half room on the galley side of the trailer for some cool, rainy nights last week, I wanted to experiment with a full length room attached to my awning perimeter and awning struts. This gave me approx 8'x24' under cover.

Having the earth under the awning already dry from being covered during two previous hard rains, it was an easy task to raise the temp 18 degrees and lower the humidity from 99 to 43. No more damp chill to suck the life out of ya. Even though the space under, and from trailer to rack, was open to the cool, the setup held the heat from my propane fire ring in quite well. Was right nice and cozy in there.

I'm designing some skirts to snap on along the length of the trailer on the ladder side from fenders to grade and from rack to trailer, so both the cargo area and space under the trailer will be accessible from the galley side but the drafts will be blocked.

These images show the field blankets folded back a third on each side for access. Put back in place full length, they reach the trailer on each side.

Images are: Ladder Side, from Left, from Right, Back

coldweather_5639.jpg

coldweather_5645.jpg

coldweather_5642.jpg

coldweather_5638.jpg