Rig Photos

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Dana Ramos

Rank V

Advocate I

Alta, WY
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7EXK
Do you miss it ?
I've definitely missed having it on a couple trips, but the new rig has been great too. One of the best things about the trailer was being ale to keep it packed and ready to go at anytime. The truck functions similarly. I've been able to leave an overnight bag, and everything I need to camp in the canopy. The bed is always made and is nearly as easy to access as it was in the trailer. Three different times this summer, I decided to camp wherever I was at the time, even though I hadn't planned to stay out when I left the house. With the trailer, you couldn't be quite as spontaneous. The other thing that was really nice about the trailer was being able to leave it at camp and have the truck free for shuttles or whatever. The Alu-Cab tent is so easy to setup/breakdown. I can still be on the road in less than a minute from the moment I decide to go for a drive.

Lanlubber

Rank V

Traveler III

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
View attachment 117015 Dixie doing a little hill climb in Hungry Valley.
One of my favorite trucks. What engine, love those 460's personally. Once had a 429 ci cobra jet that got 20 mpg on the highway @ 80 mph.
Also had a 70 short bed with a 300 ci straight six that pegged 325,000 miles. That truck was a beast.

Lanlubber

Rank V

Traveler III

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
My truck has a fresh 460, 7.5 liter and gets me about 8 miles per gallon. I definitely agree with the beast thing. For a large truck, I love the versatility.
Keep Dixie rolling, my Dixie was a faithful little Boston terrier for 14 years. Your Dixie can be around for a lot longer now that she has a new heart transplant. :<]

Jdelpercio93

Rank I

Member I

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Del Percio
Member #

Ham Callsign
KD8-SUM
Hey thanks man!! I'm honestly trying to! I got really lucky with a local jeep club that has a hand-full of these trailhawks who have been great with helping me!! Im really impressed with it so far and its capabilities!