Rig Photos

• HTML tutorial

Jeffrey Hanke

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Southport, NC, USA
Member #

IMG_1719.jpeg 2018 4 Runner Rig - 2.5" life with Dobson shocks, Offroad tires, SouthernStyle front bumper with integrated LED and winch, Ditch lights from Rago, Dual battery with CTEK 250 DC/DC charger, waterproof Relay box with switches on dash, 857D ham radio installed for all band operation. Not really broken in yet - just poking around Maine to date. Hoping to get out west this Spring.IMG_1731.jpgIMG_1723.jpeg IMG_1722.jpeg

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

View attachment 83450 2018 4 Runner Rig - 2.5" life with Dobson shocks, Offroad tires, SouthernStyle front bumper with integrated LED and winch, Ditch lights from Rago, Dual battery with CTEK 250 DC/DC charger, waterproof Relay box with switches on dash, 857D ham radio installed for all band operation. Not really broken in yet - just poking around Maine to date. Hoping to get out west this Spring.View attachment 83447View attachment 83448 View attachment 83449
Sweet looking Rig!!! Was the dual battery system an easy install, I have this same option my wish list. Great looking Bumper w/ Winch combo!

Jeffrey Hanke

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Southport, NC, USA
Member #

Thanks for the comment on the Rig. For the the dual battery system, it took quite a bit of researching time to figure out what I wanted, but once I decided was relatively easy to install, and blended well with the engine compartment and dash. Biggest decisions were the relay box and how to connect the 2 batteries in a way that doesn't interfere with starter battery and electronics of vehicle. I opted for CTEK250 DC/DC charger vs direct switchable link as isolates the house battery and the charger maintains it. I can always jump off the house battery with short jumper cable if ever needed. I went with a Universal Offroad Waterproof Cooper Bussmann Off Road Fuse Box Relay Panel assembled and sold by bodoke0326 on ebay for $129. This is a very well build box and fit easily in the engine compartment. I ran relays from it to my dash for LED/ditch lights and the ham radio. Im very happy with it. I ca ndig out the wiring diagram if interested.

I see you're in NC as well. I recently moved to Southport area as I just retired. My 4 Runner still in Maine but will be bringing down this Spring for some 4running around. Where do you go?

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Thanks for the comment on the Rig. For the the dual battery system, it took quite a bit of researching time to figure out what I wanted, but once I decided was relatively easy to install, and blended well with the engine compartment and dash. Biggest decisions were the relay box and how to connect the 2 batteries in a way that doesn't interfere with starter battery and electronics of vehicle. I opted for CTEK250 DC/DC charger vs direct switchable link as isolates the house battery and the charger maintains it. I can always jump off the house battery with short jumper cable if ever needed. I went with a Universal Offroad Waterproof Cooper Bussmann Off Road Fuse Box Relay Panel assembled and sold by bodoke0326 on ebay for $129. This is a very well build box and fit easily in the engine compartment. I ran relays from it to my dash for LED/ditch lights and the ham radio. Im very happy with it. I ca ndig out the wiring diagram if interested.

I see you're in NC as well. I recently moved to Southport area as I just retired. My 4 Runner still in Maine but will be bringing down this Spring for some 4running around. Where do you go?
Well I do not go anywhere right now I'm a Civilian Contractor in Afghanistan however, I've been to the Outer Banks a few times and the Western part of NC King NC my dad lives out there. I retired in 2011 from the military Ft Bragg. I'm originally from New Hampshire my wife is from Maine.

Jeffrey Hanke

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Southport, NC, USA
Member #

Outter Banks is on my hit list. I hope to hit the NC/TN mountains as well. My father lives outside of Knoxville. Where in NH/ME you from? Our cabin place in Maine is in Belgrade Lakes region. We used to go to NH a lot when we lived/worked in MA. ME has some nice areas to ride.

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Outter Banks is on my hit list. I hope to hit the NC/TN mountains as well. My father lives outside of Knoxville. Where in NH/ME you from? Our cabin place in Maine is in Belgrade Lakes region. We used to go to NH a lot when we lived/worked in MA. ME has some nice areas to ride.
I just posted a thread today on the FORUMS under Q&A Trails "Questions & Answers" about the Outer Banks trail. I'm from a small town Mason NH just SE of Manchester & Concord. My wife was from Buxton ME.

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

I just posted a thread today on the FORUMS under Q&A Trails "Questions & Answers" about the Outer Banks trail. I'm from a small town Mason NH just SE of Manchester & Concord. My wife was from Buxton ME.
Just a few Threads posted lately under FORUMS
OVERLAND Q&A

Trail Q&A

Latest: NC's Outer Banks Cape Lookout National Seashore South Core
latest: Trans American Trail Fishing Licences Permits / Camp Sites
latest: Where should I start when planning to travel the TAT?

Rig Q&A

Latest: Besides purchasing the Magnisum Superchatger how can I increase my 5th GEN 4Runner HP
latest: Mechanical Problems vs Navigation Problems vs Logistical Problems