• HTML tutorial

Jason Galbo

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

West Chester, Pa
Member #

Trip Part 1:

So here it is! 3 rigs! 4 friends! 9 states! And adventure!!!

We pulled away from Anthracite around noon Saturday morning. We had 8 days to cover Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut and New Jersey! Today, our target was the Green Mountain National Forest in Vermont. This meant we had a grueling 7 hour drive limited to a top speed of 65mph by the yota. This leg of the trip went smooth, we were all fresh and focused, with our minds on what the future had to hold. Thanks to a nearly uneventful drive we made our first destination in good time only needing to change out a belt on the 4Runner along the way

We stopped at a local general store to take in the change of scenery and plan where we would be heading to set up camp for the night.

Following our friend Rons advice we headed to one of the spots he recommend and we're pleased to find a highly secluded spot next to a stream that was plenty big enough for all three of us to set up camp!

That night was full of celebration and great food and it set the tone of our trip. We were all pleased that the hard work we put into our old and tired vehicles seemed to be paying off, at least for now.
The next morning we awoke fairly early, eager to continue exploring the new terrain!

Around noon we decided to pull ourselves away from the forestry roads of Vermont and head towards New Hampshire and the Long Trail Brewery for a good meal. Afterwards we would be taking a Class VI Unmaintained road into New Hampshire before we headed towards our the White Mountains where we thought we would be spending the night. Plans change.

Contributor I

Atlanta, GA 30339, USA
First Name
chuck
Last Name
gilliam
My brother and i have a 99, 4 door SE with manual and plan to sell it. I see it as a 4WD beast or someone, more than likely we will overland it with a lift , tires, brush guard, roof rack and go thru it meticulously so it runs and drives great including the transmission rebuildd with upgraded parts. What do you think someone would pay for that? I'll try to round up some pics, its a clean truck and i think its going to see quick....not many manuals 4.0s out that in 4 door SE 4 WD.