Rescue One! My 1999 Jeep Cherokee!

• HTML tutorial

Jason Galbo

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

West Chester, Pa
Member #

I have the same Hilift jack...Also have the base and the accessory bag/kit. It is pretty cool that they are built here in Indiana. I stopped by their facility last year on one of my trips!
That's fantastic! I have the base and I ordered another goody that's on it's way! Seeing there plant would be cool! How was it?

Jason Galbo

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

West Chester, Pa
Member #

The rest of my stuff for the jack came in the mail! Check it out! My last jack failed me and I credit that to a life of use and abuse and constant exposure to the elements on a lesser product, so with my new and improved High Lift brand high lift I want to make an effort to maintain it and keep it in better condition, starting with this! A neoprene cover to protect the mechanism!

It's a tight fit so I'm hoping it makes a difference!

Reactions: Overland-Indiana

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

That's fantastic! I have the base and I ordered another goody that's on it's way! Seeing there plant would be cool! How was it?
It was a Sunday when I stopped by so they were closed..I wonder if they do tours? I'll have to call and find out. If you check out my Instagram you will see a post of my XJ next to the giant Hilift jack. It's probably 50+ft tall.

Jason Galbo

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

West Chester, Pa
Member #

Swapped my reverse lights to LED's

These are the wrong bulb for the late model cherokees (and maybe the older models) but I used Sylvania Zevo's bulb number 3157

Here's the difference in light and appearance

And here's with both...

There is a significant light output increase! In addition to the extra lift I already have Led license plate lights and now with these LED reverse lights I think it makes my vehicle look more modern and clean.

Reactions: Aaron Mills

Jason Galbo

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

West Chester, Pa
Member #

Spent the day cleaning up my wiring. It was a mess from my younger days when I wasn't quit sure what I was doing. It's better than it was and without something similar to an SPods system not sure if it will get much better, I need to fuse some more things and then I will continue moving forward.

Vyscera

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

The rest of my stuff for the jack came in the mail! Check it out! My last jack failed me and I credit that to a life of use and abuse and constant exposure to the elements on a lesser product, so with my new and improved High Lift brand high lift I want to make an effort to maintain it and keep it in better condition, starting with this! A neoprene cover to protect the mechanism!It's a tight fit so I'm hoping it makes a difference!
My hi-lift is mounted on the back of my truck, and after a year of constantly cleaning and re-lubing it I got the cover. Its great, keeps the mechanisms clean and lubed. Though it does sun fade, I've not noticed any deterioration in the material in the 3 years I've had it.

Reactions: Jason Galbo

Jason Galbo

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

West Chester, Pa
Member #

My hi-lift is mounted on the back of my truck, and after a year of constantly cleaning and re-lubing it I got the cover. Its great, keeps the mechanisms clean and lubed. Though it does sun fade, I've not noticed any deterioration in the material in the 3 years I've had it.
I'm not so worried about how it looks as long as it work! But good to hear I hope it makes a difference!

Jason Galbo

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

West Chester, Pa
Member #

Spent the weekend on the property used to host the Mid Atlantic Overland Festival building up some off-road courses for events that we host here! It was an awesome experience! And of course I got to run them with my jeep to test them out as we made them!

Luckily the ground was not frozen and we were able to dig small shallow pits around the large boulders we placed to hold them in place!

My jeep was even featured on Main Line Overland Instagram's page under their stories!

Jason Galbo

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

West Chester, Pa
Member #

Spent the weekend receiving training in Off-road and Recovery from the guys at OEX Overland Experts along with some clients from work. It's amazing how much you can learn just by opening your mind to someone else's perspective! Even tho only a few things will carry over to the way I wheel I'll certainly be a better driver because of it! The best part is I drove one of the company rigs, Its a nice feeling not having to wash your rig after a weekend in the dirt!

ALSO!!! Stay tuned I made a rather large purchase recently that should be showing up in the next week or so! One of those ones that will make a massive impact to my jeeps appearance (and open the door for a few other large mods to follow!)

Reactions: 15Canyon

Jason Galbo

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

West Chester, Pa
Member #

Started designing my drawer system today. It's gonna come out a little different then this but it's my first draft. Probably not going to do the folding table storage since I only want to keep it about a foot tall

Reactions: mjbateman01