US West Reoccurring - San Diego Overland Bound Monthly Meet - 09/27/2018

• HTML tutorial

GeoYota

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Escondido, CA
Member #

Well...I sat at the bar for about 30 minutes, scanning for printed t shirts...didn’t see anything, so I drank my POG Weiss beer and split.

Kinda felt like an overland blind date (is that an OB member???) and didn’t feel like approaching strangers...maybe if I had had a second beer?

Anywhoo...saw these two rigs (no OB emblems) and snapped a couple shots.

Maybe next month I’ll have that second beer.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

GeoYota

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Escondido, CA
Member #

You always gotta stick around for the second beer. Looks like you just didnt see us at the bar?

Sent from my SM-G950U using OB Talk mobile app
Lol...well yeah, but still, what does an OB member look like above a "Wits End" t-shirt? And I wasn't comfortable enough to just stare at a guys t-shirt trying to figure out "Is that them?"

Maybe next time an OB flag on the bar...or meet up in the parking lot...or maybe I shoulda posted up "I'm the caucasion guy with the white beard, plaid shirt, Yakima hat, Oakley glasses, and hiking boots on???" :tongueclosed::tongueclosed:

I know meet n' greets are casual affairs...so might be tough to zero in on the best format since we all seemed to show up at different times etc.

GeoYota

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Escondido, CA
Member #

Ivan Montano

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Playas de Rosarito, Mexico
Member #

I am down for May 31st. Unfortunately, I was unable to make it last time, but I will be there for the next one fo' sure. Also, since we all from the SD area and surroundings. I am planning a trip to La Paz BCS stopping on different bays, beaches, and towns to camp. The plan is to make two nights and three days to get there, then spent two nights and three days at La Paz BCS, and after that, another two nights and three days coming back, obviously camping on different spots. My family and I are leaving town on July 4th planning to come back on the 11th. You guys are welcome to join if you are interested. I am not planning to make this a rally point but at least I am letting you know.
Any recommendations for places to stop camp or just to drive by?

BAJAJULIO

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

32.0546665,-116.8793335
Member #

Drive up the VOLCANO in San Quintin.....then oystets near by.....Drive the Beach off the Hotel Cielito lindo and purchase CLAMS on the spot from the clamers in the surf. ....Stop...drive in to LA LOBERA (45 min. South of SQ. EAT AT MAMA ESPINOZAS at el Rosario....check out artifacts rxhibit.....
Stop at CAtaviña...to check out BLUE PALM TREES & see CAVE PAINTINGS close to highway. Will give you other point later....hope this helps.

Snupee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

I can't make the 24th, going to loading up for Sequoia Trip over Memorial weekend. I can make it on the 31st if it works out that way.