US West Reoccurring - San Diego Overland Bound Monthly Meet - 09/27/2018

• HTML tutorial

CruiserBauers

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Escondido CA 92027
Member #

Well last night was a great meeting with 10 total overland folks in attendance. Some decisions were made and a one day run is coming soon in the San Diego region. Probably not going to be a technical run but more easy to moderate to see how the different drivers know their rides. The discussion was also made to move the meeting around some to make the group more inclusive for those that live south of the Escondido county line. @dounteater has been missing and must be super busy so we are just moving this forward some. Suggestions for a meeting place in June in the San Diego area and the suggestions for July meeting in the East county/ La Mesa area too. That's all I have and look forward to growing this group and see a bunch of you on some runs soon!

Reactions: SURFOVERLAND

SURFOVERLAND

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Oceanside ,ca
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Trostad
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6AEB
Well last night was a great meeting with 10 total overland folks in attendance. Some decisions were made and a one day run is coming soon in the San Diego region. Probably not going to be a technical run but more easy to moderate to see how the different drivers know their rides. The discussion was also made to move the meeting around some to make the group more inclusive for those that live south of the Escondido county line. @dounteater has been missing and must be super busy so we are just moving this forward some. Suggestions for a meeting place in June in the San Diego area and the suggestions for July meeting in the East county/ La Mesa area too. That's all I have and look forward to growing this group and see a bunch of you on some runs soon!
Last night was really fun. Awesome group of people. Look forward to a run this month. Also let's lock in the June meeting location and time so members have more time to get it on the calendar.

Sent from my SM-J727V using OB Talk mobile app

Anthroman

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Diego
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Carrel
Member #

It was great to meet everyone last night. I know a couple of us are going to scout some day trips in Idyllwild and get back to the rest of the group. I won't be able to make June but hope to see you all again at the July meet up with some trail info.

Snupee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

Nice meeting everyone who made it to the May Rally at Stone this week. Hopefully we can all stay in touch and set up a day trip on a local trail to get to know each other a little better and have some fun! I would propose maybe doing a early Sunday morning run in a week or two. If there are any up for it lets set a date and a rally point and make it happen!

SURFOVERLAND

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Oceanside ,ca
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Trostad
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6AEB
Nice meeting everyone who made it to the May Rally at Stone this week. Hopefully we can all stay in touch and set up a day trip on a local trail to get to know each other a little better and have some fun! I would propose maybe doing a early Sunday morning run in a week or two. If there are any up for it lets set a date and a rally point and make it happen!
Count me in. Maybe a moderate not so technical run like cruiserbauers said. Sunday's are good.

Snupee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

Here is a fairly moderate trail (with a couple challenging spots) that you can run in a stock 4x4. It is only about 45 minutes East of SD. I am open to other options if anyone has any suggestions? Maybe we can set up a run next Sunday, I would also be open for a run on Fathers day if there are enough of us that don't have plans already?
https://goo.gl/maps/TvPGpmEHX7B2

Tank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rancho Santa Margarita
Member #

So, let’s do this in June! I can drive again after my surgery.
Trevor, do you want to have it at Stone again, or do you have another thought.

Snupee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

Ok, if anyone wants to join for the Sunday Morning run, we can meet at my shop in Kearny Mesa (5490 Complex St. San Diego 92123) and then head out from there? Lets meet at 7:00 so we can be back around noon?

SURFOVERLAND

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Oceanside ,ca
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Trostad
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6AEB
Here is a fairly moderate trail (with a couple challenging spots) that you can run in a stock 4x4. It is only about 45 minutes East of SD. I am open to other options if anyone has any suggestions? Maybe we can set up a run next Sunday, I would also be open for a run on Fathers day if there are enough of us that don't have plans already?
https://goo.gl/maps/TvPGpmEHX7B2
I'm in. I'll meet you at the Kearny Mesa shop. This is Matt from the Overland meet up at Stone with the blue Land Cruiser

Snupee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

My wife would be down to go but she had already made some other plans for Sunday Morning.
This is Justin by the way with the gray FJC .