Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
This is country runner KJ6WCQ what is the channel, offset and PL tone for the NET
It is not held on a local repeater as such. Its on Echolink and you can connect thru setting up the software on a computer or phone...or by repeater if that repeater is able to connect to echolink. The details of the Echolink node number are in the link on first posting and there is also a recurring thread stickied to top that has recent net activity topics and info. Thanks for your interest and hope to hear you on the NET next Friday. Brent KJ7BHN

Reactions: TerryD

Jeffroe189

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Wallburg, NC, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Courtney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4UON
Maybe I am missing this somewhere but what time does this take place on Fridays?

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
This is country runner KJ6WCQ what is the channel, offset and PL tone for the NET
If I am correct, you will need to locate a local repeater that is EchoLink capable. You would then check its status and use the keypad to put in the link number in the first post.

OVRLANDUNK

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Fair Oaks, CA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
McDonald
Member #

Ok question here.

Was a Hamster (working on getting renewed) had all the gadgets mostly because of the jobs i have had in the past and the fact i was a radio tecky for GE/Ericsson so everyone was a Hamster. But never was a talker like some of them. ;) No offense to you that do, but some can make your ears bleed.

So with that said i see A LOT of frustration on several threads about listening in on the ham call. I see thru searching google that in several forms here and other places that there is a broadcasitfy link just to listen provided by Grits N Gravy. If that is an accurate thing can it be listed more prominent some where at the top?

I think it might help in some ways to get more people interested in maybe getting officially licensed, or even seeing what people are doing in other places since it is a way people can listen world wide with out jumping thru other hoops or asking several times about how to get on if they are not license to get access to echolink.

Now i will shut up. :)

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

@Mdmedh I am not a "rag chewer" myself so I completely understand where you are coming from there.

As far as the broadcastify link you are correct it is not well noted on this Rally Point, however it is often mentioned in the Friday Night Ham Radio Net thread.

Perhaps @Brentc17 or @brien can update the Rally Point to include the link for the broadcastify feed and update this part of the description, "Must have current license to attend and listen ".

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
@Mdmedh I am not a "rag chewer" myself so I completely understand where you are coming from there.

As far as the broadcastify link you are correct it is not well noted on this Rally Point, however it is often mentioned in the Friday Night Ham Radio Net thread.

Perhaps @Brentc17 or @brien can update the Rally Point to include the link for the broadcastify feed and update this part of the description, "Must have current license to attend and listen ".
Will do and thanks for letting us know

Reactions: Prerunner1982